Azamara Open Passages Voucher

christine848

Can someone please advise me under what circumstances the Azamara open passage vouchers are valid. We have just booked our 4th cruise with Azamara, and have been told that it cannot be used.....frankly, at the moment we are £150 out of pocket, and rather more than frustrated and puzzled!

Thank you.

As I understand Open Passages are not combinable with more than two promotions (free or reduced price flights, OBC, stateroom upgrades etc).

They also cannot be used with certain types of discounted prices eg interline rates.

If none of these apply to your booking then it is probable that your TA has put together a package of cruise, flights,transfers,hotel etc and the cruise component is under "net pricing". I'm still not totally clear about net pricing but think that the TA has received a discounted rate or makes little margin on the cruise component of the package and so the Open Passage cannot be used.

Unfortunately, you don't always discover this before you book.

The one consolation is that you have probably booked the package at a very good price.

Hope this helps!

Can someone please advise me under what circumstances the Azamara open passage vouchers are valid. We have just booked our 4th cruise with Azamara, and have been told that it cannot be used.....frankly, at the moment we are £150 out of pocket, and rather more than frustrated and puzzled!

Thank you.

Hi Christine,

As Hazel says on the your other thread, it is probably your TA who is reluctant to allow you to use it rather than any restrictions placed by Azamara. However there are many TA 's who are happy to honour it.....so always say you want to use your Open Passage Certificate when making the inquiry and if they say No, then don't give them your business.

We have a wonderful and independent TA who not only gets us the very best price, does all our liaising with Guatemala, fills in our online check in for us, searches for the flights we want at the times we want, buys us extra luggage allowances for all our shopping and is generally a very efficient woman. I wish I could give you her email address but, as you know we are not allowed to mention any TA's on here, so sadly I can't.

Thank you.

Hi Christine848, I had a similar problem with the same TA earlier in the year. I was told that as the cruise was already heavily discounted by the TA, I would not be able to use the Open Passage voucher.

I booked, but once on board I queried it with SaraLou in Future Sales. After she had spoken with Azamara, I was told that acceptance of the voucher is entirely at the discretion of the individual TA.

I booked another cruise while I was on board and I was able to use the £75 voucher for the deposit.

The one thing i see in common here is that you are all from the UK.. I wonder if the TA treat you differently there.

I use my future cruise passages by booking with Azamara directly then turn them in to an agent.

i only use the agent in case i really get sick or need help in Europe. never has happend.

but i half problems getting answers from her when if I could talk to Azamara directly I would.

Edited by ellbon