Price drops people!

ffmack

Glad to see all these price drops.

Mine went down, but because I use a T.A., I have to wait until she gets in to work on Thurs to file the request.

My luck, the price will go back up befire she gets in.

So to understand this hopefully more. I booked with early saver. A grand suite. When I check prices, early saver is no longer offered. Does that mean I do t quality for any drops...ever?

I rarely get a price drop on a suite. I assume since there are not a lot of suites, they don't go down in price much. I booked a suite on the 7 day Fantasy for Oct 2013 the week that cruise hit the internet. My suite is $899 per person. Current price is $1349 per person.

So to understand this hopefully more. I booked with early saver. A grand suite. When I check prices, early saver is no longer offered. Does that mean I do t quality for any drops...ever?

The way I understand it is this: If you booked early saver, and there is a lower price for your cabin category that you qualify for, you can get that price. You can't qualify for prices that are guarantees. Or if a higher category is now selling for less than you paid, you can submit that, and sometimes even upgrade.

If I'm wrong (and I frequently am), someone will correct me. :)

Over the past two weeks, I submitted three Price Protection Claim Forms on two separate cruises not yet at final payment. I never received a response of any kind from Carnival, but the price drop was reflected in "Manage My Cruise". They gave me the price drops but never told me. The most recent one I submitted was on Monday and it was in Manage My Cruise today. So go and check online--you might be pleasantly surprised.

Early saver is only offered up to 3 months in advance on 5 nights or less and I believe 5 months prior to 6+ night cruises. If you booked ES, you are eligible for price drops up until 2 days prior to sailing...

You are probably getting within that window of time where ES is no longer offered to people booking now for a cruise - and remember, the price drop is not only for the ES rate, but ANY rate (except guarantees) including sales!

Mine started to look like a little drop but when I put in lido for our deck it added more to the cost even though it said upgrades included in price after the increase price pp total...weird:confused:...oh well, we're already at $200.00 in drops already...happy about that! :D

I'm sorry I asking dumb questions. My cruise isn't till the end of July. My husband and I are both past guests of carnival. So, with that being said. Should I not be eligible for the past guest sale being offered? Or is that only new bookings?

I'm sorry I asking dumb questions. My cruise isn't till the end of July. My husband and I are both past guests of carnival. So, with that being said. Should I not be eligible for the past guest sale being offered? Or is that only new bookings?

You are eligible for past guest...do a mock booking selecting the past guest sale rate and if the price is less then your booking you can submit the form for the price drop. ;)

Wondered if I could get a little more information about how to watch for the orice drops and fill out the forms. I have been on 2 other cruises but this is the first time I was eligible for credit on fare reduction. Of course they didn't tell me much at Carnival. I just booked during this sale so I know it won't be cheaper now. Where do i found out what the name of my promotion to fill out on the form. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

G

Glad to see all these price drops.

Mine went down, but because I use a T.A., I have to wait until she gets in to work on Thurs to file the request.

My luck, the price will go back up befire she gets in.

Sucks for you.... Glad I use my PVP and can fill out my own forms!!!:D

Archived