Internet on SD I or Use Hot Spot

whatnot

There have been no reports from SD I on this board for months. Has anyone sailed since the dry dock that can report on internet service on board and the changes that occurred during dry dock. We will be sailing on SD I in less than 4 weeks. Info is needed. Do I use their internet or do I take my Verizon Mobile Hot Spot which works off of cell phone towers just like your phone. Anyone used this type of device in those locations?

There have been no reports from SD I on this board for months. Has anyone sailed since the dry dock that can report on internet service on board and the changes that occurred during dry dock. We will be sailing on SD I in less than 4 weeks. Info is needed. Do I use their internet or do I take my Verizon Mobile Hot Spot which works off of cell phone towers just like your phone. Anyone used this type of device in those locations?

Whatnot, I am anxiously awaiting a report from Zimmy on here, but what I can say is I did hear from my brother right before he came home from Norway and apparently they had a very bad connection on his SD 1 cruise, which took place shortly after the dry dock. He just returned home a couple of days ago so have yet to get a full report but he did say they really enjoyed their b2b cruise and your excursion suggestions were very helpful!

Edited by CDreamer

Not sure what their reception was in the Baltic, but remember internet sucked in Norway -- the fjords are too deep and narrow to get reception. Both Zimmy and CDreamer's brother indicated that reception was poor, so look forward to a report from Zimmy now that they are back!

Vandrefalk

I'm working on my review of the Norwegian Fjords cruise, but regarding internet - we purchased the package for our 10 day cruise. It was spotty for the first few days from Copenhagen to Oslo but I did get on and get to use it. However when we entered the fjords at Stavenger it became pretty non-existent. However, I think that is due to the mountains and not due to SD. I did notice that when we received our final bill we were charged the 7 day price rather than the prorated price for 10 days.

::snip:: However, I think that is due to the mountains and not due to SD. I did notice that when we received our final bill we were charged the 7 day price rather than the prorated price for 10 days.

This makes sense to me. We experienced poor to complete loss of internet connection on our recent Douro river cruise in Portugal due to the high mountains that hugged each side of the river. Once we got to Porto we had no issues. Nice to know SD did not charge passengers the full amount this time.

Looking forward to your review, Zimmy.