Salsa and Salsa=have you done it?

marshhawk

DH and I could go to Cozumel and spend the day in the water no problem, but he has to watch the amount of sun he gets (skin cancer) and we are traveling with friends who dont do beach. So to spend some quality time together off the ship, we have decided to do the Salsa and Salsa. Have you done this? Any hints? How long after the classes and eating do you have to use the pool or go snorkeling? I knew that Carnival had offered this several years ago, and then on our last trip, it wasn't offered. And yet it was TripAdvisors most excellent excursion. Wondering if it's a wonderful as I hope?

Son, girlfriend husband and I did it and it was great. Son even won cutest couple in the salsa dance. Leaned how to make several kinds of fresh salsa and margaritas. Drank, danced and the instructors were very fun and professional.

Edited by carbon

Thanks for that information! I may try practicing before we go. :) Do you know what time that excursion starts? I checked out the hotel on line, the pool is gorgious! I am wondering also if we opt for it, can we stay longer (assuming it is an early excursion) and take a cab back?

No excursions are showing from the booked cruise page, so I cant find the hour the excursion starts.

Thanks for that information! I may try practicing before we go. :) Do you know what time that excursion starts? I checked out the hotel on line, the pool is gorgious! I am wondering also if we opt for it, can we stay longer (assuming it is an early excursion) and take a cab back?

No excursions are showing from the booked cruise page, so I cant find the hour the excursion starts.

I haven't done the excursion. The timing may vary between cruise lines. if you do a dummy booking of your cruise ship excursions you will usually get a time for excursion and duration or do you mean they are not showing yet for your sailing?

I have read reviews of people staying on later and taking their own cab back. It will depend on which pier you are at and how long your ship is in port.

Edited by c-leg5

Dummy cruises don't show the actual time of the excursion, only the length of the excursion. but you are right, no excursions show up for my January cruise! I am ready to book now! giggling. really, I am just ready for a cruise.

We did this in December. Look at the FB page or website. Yes, we went to the pool across the street. Bring your own towels. Recipes were printed out to take home. They sell lime squeezer and bowl for approx 25 or 25.00 (cant remember)

do I need a lime squeezer? was that for the margaritas? or for lime juice for the guacamole? or just in general for the stuff we fix?

I never thought of a lime squeezer......

what time did you go over?

and thanks for the heads up about the towels.

We did this in December. Look at the FB page or website. Yes, we went to the pool across the street. Bring your own towels. Recipes were printed out to take home. They sell lime squeezer and bowl for approx 25 or 25.00 (cant remember)

I thought the pool was on the same side as the class and only the 'beach' was across the street. They don't have a second pool like Park Royal do they?

the Hotel was across the street went thru a tunnel. They have a bar where u can purchase more drinks as well.

The tour provides all items to make drinks and snacks. They just offer things for sale during the restroom break.

Tour began late morning. So we shopped b4 tour. Enjoyed the pool after tour,(cart at pool to purchase things if u want something from cozumel) then back to ship.

Edited by dalibi