Question for someone in or going to Cozumel - Golf Cart/cars

wgeddings

We will be going to Cozumel on a Carnival cruise in November. I have been before and we wanted to rent those motorized golf cart/cars to get to Paradise Beach or just shopping. I cannot find any information online about the places that rent them though so I am hoping someone IN Cozumel or about to go there could help me and get some information.

We will have about 30 people and will probably need 6-8 cars (carts). What I would like is a website or e-mail address for someone that rents then so I can see if we can work out a deal ahead of time to (1) get a good price and (2) ensure there is availability. So I am hoping someone will try to get me a website address or business card from whoever rents the golf cart/cars.

Although I appreciate other ideas and tips, please do not respond with information about taxis, buses, rental cars (other than the golf cart/cars type) or any other information. I am looking for the contact information, not reviews or ideas. We have been to Cozumel before and rented the carts/cars before but I do not have the contact information. DW and DD just got back from a cruise that stopped in Cozumel and forgot to get the info while they were there. :)

Please either reply here or private message me. Thank you very much!

I don't know of any, nor have I seen any golf cart rentals anywhere on Cozumel. Not to say there isn't a company that does them, but I did a search and found nothing on them either. I do know they have dune buggies and those little 3 wheeled electric cars for rent, but can't find a website for those cars either. Even with the 3 wheeled cars, you'd need quite a few since they only seat two.

Sorry, not much help.

3wheelscozumel.jpg.560fc1aa24a5b9ceef1582aed7d09ba5.jpg

Thanks Mrsfuzzmo. Those are cute. I refer to them as golf carts but they are actually small cars or souped up golf carts. Not made for going on a golf course. I am including a picture of what I am talking about. These were gas powered and less expensive (slower too) than a rental car. On our last visit, they were in a lot across the street from the rental car place after we got off the dock (not sure which one but we saw other places too). The places that rented bicycles and scooters also rented these if that helps. Thanks for trying though. The picture is the closest I saw to what I am talking about so it does not have to look EXACTLY like that.

Electric-Golf-Cart-GM-4S-.jpg

I don't have any vendor info but is it the "fun" or "scoot " car referred to in this link? ( scroll down some way).

If so they seem to be, or have been, available from Punta Langosta pier.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=6

I think the Scoot car is the two-seater, three wheeled car that I have posted. I'm pretty sure that's what they are called.

I think the Scoot car is the two-seater, three wheeled car that I have posted. I'm pretty sure that's what they are called.

Lol, OK I have no idea - just went with the "souped-up" golf cart description!

Fun Car or Scoot Car sound like it. Here is the info from the cruisecritic link "By Fun Car or Scoot Car: These automatic-transmission buggies, resembling souped-up golf carts, are another possible option. They're able to reach speeds of 45 mph, and you can find the rental booth on the ground floor of the Punta Langosta shopping arcade." so anyone going through or by the Punta Langosta shopping arcade might be able to clarify for us.

JohninDC, :D yes I am sure it is the right island. The "adult beverages" had not kicked in yet.

I found a picture of one of our trips there with some of our group in one of the cars. There are 2 and 4 seater versions. There is a phone number on the windshield (01800-7254456) but when I try it as 018007254456 I got "cannot be completed" and just as an 800 number it is a telemarketer "you've won" scam so it must have changed.

HPIM0676_zpsx16om0xc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

tried the number over the last 2 days and only get a busy signal. Maybe it is busy but also possible it is no longer working or something else. Cruising from SC, if you are going to be there can you take a look? If anyone else is able to get an answer on that number, please let me know and it could just be my phone line/system.

Thanks though.