New Orleans Cruise Terminal Parking Garage

netsurfer

Sailing out of New Orleans on the Dream soon. We plan to park at the cruise terminal's parking garage. When we first arrive, can we go directly to the parking garage or do we have first go to another area of the terminal for a porter take our luggage and then drive to the entrance to the parking garage? I was wondering if there would be a porter in the parking garage to take our luggage as this would save some time. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

You will go directly to the parking garage. Once you are inside, you stop on the first level and give bags to the porters. Then you go up the ramps until you find a spot to park your vehicle. The porters are good about reminding you to keep the bag that has your passport and boarding pass in it!

I would look at the Fulton Parking garage. It is literally right across the street from the port ant the parking is only $8 a day.

We have stayed at both and will stay at the Fulton Garage every time.

I dropped the wife and one child off with the luggage. (There is a bathroom right there and I have a 9yr old, need I say more). My daughter and I parked the car and rode the shuttle over.

I was worried about splitting up but it was really easy. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

If using the Fulton Garage, do we drop our luggage at the port first? This will be our first time driving into NOLA for a cruise. Thank you!

We spent the night at the Hilton Garden Inn which is right across the street from Fulton Place. We got up the next morning, walked across to our vehicle and got our cruise luggage, went down the elevator and boarded the shuttle. The shuttle dropped us off in front of the port and there were porters waiting for us. They took our bags, we proceeded in and was on board the ship in no time.

We are planning another cruise out of NOLA in November and will use Fulton Place again and recommend it to everyone we know that sails from NOLA. It's so much cheaper than parking at the port.

• 2 weeks later...
How far is the Fulton St garage from the Carnival terminal?

How long does the shuttle take?

Is there anyone at Fulton St garage expecting a tip?

Very close but the problem is the convention center is between Fulton and the cruise terminal which means you have to drive around the convention center to get to the terminal. However, it is basically 5 minutes to drive. Shuttles run all the time and you will be there in minutes.

If you were to walk it (not recommended with luggage) it would be about 15 minutes or so.

I only tipped the Fulton people when we got back from the cruise and they unloaded and loaded luggage but it is not required at all.

Very close but the problem is the convention center is between Fulton and the cruise terminal which means you have to drive around the convention center to get to the terminal. However, it is basically 5 minutes to drive. Shuttles run all the time and you will be there in minutes.

If you were to walk it (not recommended with luggage) it would be about 15 minutes or so.

I only tipped the Fulton people when we got back from the cruise and they unloaded and loaded luggage but it is not required at all.

Ditto,

Thanks.

Another Fulton question, if you do priority self debark, will the Fulton street people be out there, or do they have to be called for pickup?

Will they wait for the van to fill?

I am kind of wondering if waiting for transport will void the time I save by doing priority self debark.