Where to stay outside galveston

Funbobby68

Hey all planning a cruise next May out of galveston , last year we stayed in a bit of a questionable hotel , as I recall there are a few districts just out side galveston , since we will have a rental car , would like to save a bit and stay outside galveston and then just driver around here and there for a few days before sailing

As always thanks in advance

Were staying in Texas City at the Best Western Mainland. (in the Mall of the Mainland perimeter.) the Avis rental car place is right there so we can return the car on Sunday morning of our cruise and take a shuttle to Galveston. In fact I just found out yesterday after calling the Local (texas City) Avis that there is a key drop outside the mall so you don't even have to wait for them to open to return car. There is a VIP shuttle that runs the Galveston and Texas City areas--recommended by the (BW Mall of the Mainland) hotel that we're staying in that will come and pick you up and shuttle you to Galveston for $25 for the 2 of us Total! I was very excited because Avis said they'd shuttle us back for $50 and of course you'd have to wait til they opened.