Happy Hours & Early Bird Specials in FLL

terrifish

I have looked over the restaurant thread and there are some very nice places listed there. I can hardly wait to get to FL and enjoy lots of shrimp and fresh fish. (I live in Kansas:mad: and catfish don't count)

Can you tell me any early bird, happy hour specials for seafood and drinks? We will have 3 days before our cruise and are staying at the Doubletree Gallery One and will depend on the water taxi or trolley for transportation. I see Trulucks has a happy hour with half price appetizers and drink specials-- that is the kind of thing I am looking for.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated-- thanks

I am not sure about seafood, but I do know of other happy hours in Fort Lauderdale:

Blue Martini has happy hour drink specials from 2pm - 8pm, but I am not sure about their appetizers (walking distance from your hotel, and on the trolley route).

Timpano on Las Olas has a great happy hour from 5pm - 7pm for 1/2-off drinks, house wine, and appetizers (one of my faves). Also, Yolo across the street has happy hour drink specials. (take the water taxi to the Las Olas stop)

Casablanca Cafe has happy hour drink specials from 4-7 (on the trolley route)

Perhaps there are happy hours at 15th Street Fisheries and Bimini Boatyard (both accessbile from water taxi stops). Perhaps other locals can comment.

Every Friday Aruba does a free pig, other apps and two for one drink specials in the bar area only.

Most happy hours only honor happy hour if you are at the bar or a bar table

Aruba is a don't miss for us. Live music and on the ocean.

Some places only offer the deals in the bar/lounge. By Gallery One, Truluck, Blue Martini, and PF Changs have appetizer specials and drink specials. 3 miles away there is a similar deal at Mai Kai...Wednesday they even have a free buffet with sushi rolls with miminum $10 drink purchase in the bar. Coconuts (on Sun Trolley route) has half price wine bottles on Mondays and Tuesdays. Duffy's in Harbor Shops (on Sun Trolley route) has 2 for 1 drinks after 4 and 40% off all food from 4-6, but you have to get a free MVP card to qualify. Zuckerellos and Tropical Acres have early bird dinner specials but they are not near the hotel, so any savings would be taken up by taxi fare.

Some places only offer the deals in the bar/lounge. By Gallery One, Truluck, Blue Martini, and PF Changs have appetizer specials and drink specials. 3 miles away there is a similar deal at Mai Kai...Wednesday they even have a free buffet with sushi rolls with miminum $10 drink purchase in the bar. Coconuts (on Sun Trolley route) has half price wine bottles on Mondays and Tuesdays. Duffy's in Harbor Shops (on Sun Trolley route) has 2 for 1 drinks after 4 and 40% off all food from 4-6, but you have to get a free MVP card to qualify. Zuckerellos and Tropical Acres have early bird dinner specials but they are not near the hotel, so any savings would be taken up by taxi fare.

can you please clarify , which of these are bar/lounge only and which are family friendly available

Thank you

I have looked over the restaurant thread and there are some very nice places listed there. I can hardly wait to get to FL and enjoy lots of shrimp and fresh fish. (I live in Kansas:mad: and catfish don't count)

Can you tell me any early bird, happy hour specials for seafood and drinks? We will have 3 days before our cruise and are staying at the Doubletree Gallery One and will depend on the water taxi or trolley for transportation. I see Trulucks has a happy hour with half price appetizers and drink specials-- that is the kind of thing I am looking for.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated-- thanks

Although I absolutely despise jayhawks, I will offer you a great suggestion...

Take the Water Taxi to the end of the line to Hyatt Pier 66 near Port Everglades, get off and walk about 100 yards or so to Pelican Landing. They have a great second story perch overlooking an "intersection" in the Intracoastal where you can watch the yachts go by while you enjoy happy hour.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34227-d2324638-Reviews-Pelican_Landing_Restaurant-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Originally Posted by royalcruz viewpost.gif

can you please clarify , which of these are bar/lounge only and which are family friendly available

Thank you

Truluck, PFChangs and Mai Kai have the deals only in the bar, I think. Blue Martini is not family friendly.

Although I absolutely despise jayhawks, I will offer you a great suggestion...

Take the Water Taxi to the end of the line to Hyatt Pier 66 near Port Everglades, get off and walk about 100 yards or so to Pelican Landing. They have a great second story perch overlooking an "intersection" in the Intracoastal where you can watch the yachts go by while you enjoy happy hour.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34227-d2324638-Reviews-Pelican_Landing_Restaurant-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Thanks everybody for all of the suggestions. We Jayhawks really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
Every Friday Aruba does a free pig, other apps and two for one drink specials in the bar area only.

Most happy hours only honor happy hour if you are at the bar or a bar table

Aruba is a don't miss for us. Live music and on the ocean.

What is the easiest way to get to Aruba from Gallery One Doubletree? Thanks

Archived