Car Rental Drop Off to POM?

rcssmom

We are renting a car for a couple of days pre-cruise. We will need to drop off our car at Hertz at the Miami airport. My understanding is that the Rental Car drop off is located off airport property. Can you still pick up a cab at this location or do you have to shuttle back to the airport?

Thanks,

Karen

Are you able to return the car at the port? Or rent from a different company that allows this? It would be easier it sounds.

There are NO car rental facilities at POM - your choices are the MIA airport (where NAtional, Alamo & tThrifty offer POM shuttles) or smaller locations scattered around downtown Miami and Maimi Beach, with most not offering POM shuttles.

I have seen cabs parked on the top floor of the Rental Car Center on many occasions. The fare from that location to the Port of Miami is approximately twenty five dollars plus tip. You don't have to take the free shuttle back to Miami International Airport to get a cab.

Everything has changed for MIA rental cars in the last year or so. I think that there are shuttles to POM from the car rental facility which is really just to the back of the airport building. There is either a monorail or buses to the main terminal area but the shuttle buses also stop at car rental building.

Everything has changed for MIA rental cars in the last year or so. I think that there are shuttles to POM from the car rental facility which is really just to the back of the airport building. There is either a monorail or buses to the main terminal area but the shuttle buses also stop at car rental building.

The POM shuttles from MIA are only for some car rental companies - National, Alamo and Thrifty the last time I checked.