Internet Service Question

snoopydo

It has been over 4 years since I have been on SeaDream and I am looking forward to it.

Do they still over an unlimited Internet package for a flat, daily rate? I assume there's wifi throughout the ship?

For better or worse I need to be able to get online a few times a day so it's pretty important to me.

Thanks!

It has been over 4 years since I have been on SeaDream and I am looking forward to it.

Do they still over an unlimited Internet package for a flat, daily rate? I assume there's wifi throughout the ship?

For better or worse I need to be able to get online a few times a day so it's pretty important to me.

Thanks!

They have a weekly flat rate as well as other packages but, imho, last November the wifi was basically useless most of the time. For SeaDream to be at this price point and do much worse than Carnival at providing wifi (not to mention that just about any cheap motel has free wifi these days) is a point of contention with SD regulars for sure.

They have a weekly flat rate as well as other packages but, imho, last November the wifi was basically useless most of the time. For SeaDream to be at this price point and do much worse than Carnival at providing wifi (not to mention that just about any cheap motel has free wifi these days) is a point of contention with SD regulars for sure.

That's a bit concerning as I really do need reliable Internet. It doesn't need to be fast as I am just doing email and simple web access but it does need to work.

That's a bit concerning as I really do need reliable Internet. It doesn't need to be fast as I am just doing email and simple web access but it does need to work.

The Dover/Lisbon cruise going on now seems to be having internet issues. SeaDream has always had way crummy internet. I can't imagine the same internet gets used for ship's business. Do a search on this board for internet and I am sure you will get a lot of griping. Love SeaDream onboard but hate some of the management decisions/practices. I know it could be better. We were just on Pacific Princess and had flawless internet in Alaska. Go figure.

Last month in Norway I had internet service except when we were in the fjords. When on a Caribbean voyage I have most of the time been able to access the internet on my own phone through the 3G, for which I get a data package before I leave home. But I do think that the internet service I get through SD is not as good as the internet service I get through AT&T on my phone and IPad.

Currently on board. After 3 attempts at passwords, internet seems to be working fairly well. But it can be hit or miss! Not sure what to tell you but good idea to have a back up like data roaming. They offer a voyage rate ($99/7days) and a daily rate. Hope this helps!

Vandrefalk

We just returned from SeaDream II cruise Venice to Athens, and were pleasantly surprised with the Internet service. The regular price is around $99 for 7 days, but it was discounted to $85 since there was no internet service available while in the fjord of Montenegro for 8 hours. Service was much faster than on our SB cruise last fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD