Tipping in Kids Club?

MissMouthy

We are taking a Princess cruise in February and I'm hoping our kids will enjoy spending lots of time in the kids clubs. I understand those employees are not part of the tipping pool, so I'm wondering if most families tip the workers there. If so, how much do you tip? To the group or per worker?

Sometimes there are envelopes at the door on the last day.

If the staff made our kids really enjoy their trip, we tipped - we put an amount in the envelope with a note addressed to the manager exoressing our appreciation of those that took care of our kids and asking that the tip be shared amongst them. Sometimes the kids knew names, other times not ( when they were younger).

The amount varied with how much our kids attended the club and how much they enjoyed themselves, how many days the cruise was. The staff on some cruises were clearly better than others. We tipped similar to tipping the babysitters at home.

They are not "tipped" employees because they are paid a very nice wage! I would think $10-20 for an entire week would be more than enough.....like I said...they are not "service" personnel and get paid a very nice wage.

This is what we have done when our kids were little.