Croatia Waterfalls

We are considering the HAL Noordam which includes Split and Dubrovnik.

I am very interested in seeing the amazing waterfalls in Croatia.

One of the places is Plitvice Lakes National Park.

Does anyone know if we would be able to see some of the many waterfalls on a shore excursion or private trip from Split or Dubrovnik?

Thanks so much!

Does anyone know if we would be able to see some of the many waterfalls on a shore excursion or private trip from Split or Dubrovnik?

Thanks so much!

Plitvice Lakes may be a bit too far from Split, definitely could not be done from Dubrovnik. However you may want to look into Krka National park, it is fabulous and only 90 kilometers from Split.

Plitvice Lakes with all the falls are absolutely amazingly beautiful. There is so much to see in Croatia that I urge people to take a land trip. We drove there, staying in Pula (amazing Roman ruins), Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik, Korcula. We also stayed in Lake Bled (Slovenia), Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina) and took a day trip to Montenegro driving all around the Bay of Kotor. We just scratched the surface of a beautiful, friendly part of the world.

Edited by maryann ns

Thank you, MaryAnn, for the comments from your drive around Croatia! It sounds fabulous. Did you see both Plitvice and Krka Falls? Krka sounds wonderful. Just curious if Plitvice is even more so! Sounds like we will do Krka with the HAL cruise.

Also, on your sailings list...I see some Azamara. Hope to experience that soon. Looks very nice...ships and itineraries!

Thank you, H2Otstr, for your reply which was just fresh from having been to Krka! Appreciate it so much! The pics of the falls online look just amazing. How are you liking your Vantage Travel trip and the Harmony G? I just looked at it online for consideration.

Thank you' date=' H2Otstr, for your reply which was just fresh from having been to Krka! Appreciate it so much! The pics of the falls online look just amazing. How are you liking your Vantage Travel trip and the Harmony G? I just looked at it online for consideration.[/quote']

We have not sailed yet......tomorrow. We have been on the land portion. We are in Dubrovnik right now and we are having a wonderful time. Slovenia and Croatia both are so much more beautiful than I ever anticipated.

image.jpg.57541aab26a10ae059eff300c09600a4.jpg

Thanks so much!

Check for private tours or renting a car in Split. It is quite a ride to the park from Split. It would be too far to go from Dubrovnik.

They are beautiful and worth a visit. There is not much along the way though, it would just be a ride there and back possibly.

• 5 months later...