Any feedback on sailing Mariner to southeast Asia?

I'm getting restless! And considering taking a 4 - 7 night trip, by myself, to southeast Asia on Mariner. And soon - likely in January!

Before I book, which I will likely do today, does anyone have any feedback on either the ship or the route?

Mariner fans or opponents?

Favored ports of call? I'm leaning towards Singapore, Phuket, Kuala Lumpur and Penang - but I'm just guessing! And so excited!

I'm getting restless! And considering taking a 4 - 7 night trip, by myself, to southeast Asia on Mariner. And soon - likely in January!

Before I book, which I will likely do today, does anyone have any feedback on either the ship or the route?

Favored ports of call? I'm leaning towards Singapore, Phuket, Kuala Lumpur and Penang - but I'm just guessing! And so excited!

We've done the Mariner (Singapore-Shanghai) in 2015...The ship has been Asianized to cater to the mostly Asian cruiser's...however we knew this and it made no difference to us...hopefully it won't to you either.

We've done the Mariner (Singapore-Shanghai) in 2015...The ship has been Asianized to cater to the mostly Asian cruiser's...however we knew this and it made no difference to us...hopefully it won't to you either.

Thanks for your response! I certainly don't want an Americanized trip - that's for sure!

I eventually found a few reviews of the SE Asia itineraries on Mariner and I know understand what you are referencing. That's all completely fine with me. I'm looking for a truly international experience and I LOVE being on a ship with different types of people from all over the world.

If you just want to get a taste of SEA, then taking a 4-5 night cruise to places like Langkawi, Penang and Phuket would be a good idea. If you're feeling more adventurous, you could try cruising up to Cambodia and Bangkok. That would definitely be more exotic. Even though I haven't been myself, Its a different feeling all together when compared to the West of SEA. And this is usually longer (7 nights) but less port of calls.

If you just want to get a taste of SEA, then taking a 4-5 night cruise to places like Langkawi, Penang and Phuket would be a good idea. If you're feeling more adventurous, you could try cruising up to Cambodia and Bangkok. That would definitely be more exotic. Even though I haven't been myself, Its a different feeling all together when compared to the West of SEA. And this is usually longer (7 nights) but less port of calls.

Excellent advice - thanks! I ended up booking Ovation for a long cruise that goes from Singapore to Beijing, with stops in Vietnam, Hong Kong and Seoul. That itinerary checks a number of stops off my bucket list and, honestly, I'm a huge fan of new ships! So I think it's going to work out beautifully.

Excellent advice - thanks! I ended up booking Ovation for a long cruise that goes from Singapore to Beijing, with stops in Vietnam, Hong Kong and Seoul. That itinerary checks a number of stops off my bucket list and, honestly, I'm a huge fan of new ships! So I think it's going to work out beautifully.

No worries! Glad that you found one that you're excited about! Be weary about quantum class ships in Asia. Especially if Ovation is still new in this region, the staff may not be accustomed to dealing with Chinese passengers. I've seen that first hand. I hope it goes smoothly for you! :)

WELCOME to Singapore. You will like the Ovation OTS. :) and if ever you want to do the Mariner OTS, read this review by gapearl. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278154&highlight=mariner

Edited by cruiserinsg