Compare Grand Suite on Quantum vs. Harmony

Hi,

We sailed on the Quantum last year and had a grand suite. The closet storage space was excellent, as we had a closet in the living area as well as the bedroom. We also had two doors to the bathroom , one from the bedroom and one from the livingroom. Loved the cabin. We have a Grand suite on the Harmony, and I noticed that their is only one bathroom door, which is from the entrance hallway area and only one closet.

Has anybody stated in both and how do they compare in size and overall storage space. Thanks.

Cruise a holic

I find the GS on Anthem & Quantum a bit awkward with how the room is split. It's good if you plan to use the pull out couch, but the space felt weird for 2 people.

Assuming that Harmony is similar to Oasis(?), it felt more like the standard GS on other classes with the bigger, more open room and more opulent bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family of 4 have stayed in the grand suite on the Oasis and loved it. The bathroom had one door leading to it from the entry area but was was large with two sinks and a tub/shower combo. Did not look like a cruise ship cabin bathroom.

We loved all the storage we had in the room, and Didn't even end up using all the drawer/closet space with our family of 4.

We loved the bar area as you walked in and the large seating area where the boys slept on the pull out couch. The curtain that you could close to separate the room from the seating/bar area to the bed/vanity area was perfect for us. The boys could stay on one side while hubby and I had privacy getting ready and sleeping.

The very spacious wooden floor deck/balcony outside our room was very nice as well. We had a small dinning table with 4 chairs and two reclining lounge chairs with foot stools.

We traveled with other family members on this trip and they all congregated in our room. NEVER felt over crowded with the two other cabins hanging in our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies, but from the youtube video, the HOTS, appears different then the Oasis- We really like the Quantum Grand Suite- but that was one of the only things we liked on that ship! Two bathroom entrances was great-

we've been in GSes on both quantum and harmony.

i'm pretty sure oasis has a curtain between the living room and bedroom (i haven't been in a GS on oasis) and harmony has a wall, like quantum. so, yes, the harmony and oasis GSes are different in that regard.

in overall layout, however, the harmony room is otherwise more similar to oasis and royal's traditional GS layout than quantum was. there's the entryway where you walk in with the bar in front and bathroom to the side with double sinks next to each other, then the living area beyond the bar, and the bedroom area next to the living area and in front of the bathroom. there is only one entrance to the bathroom, which is off the entryway. the main closet is also off the entryway, so you have to go into the foyer to get hanging clothes, which always struck me as weird.

the harmony GS (and all the harmony rooms, actually) have decor and storage units very similar to quantum and anthem. they feel way more updated than oasis/allure, imho.

tbh, we actually liked the harmony GS way more than the quantum GS. we thought the 2 bathroom entrances were a great idea on quantum, but found we never used the one off the entryway because it was so close to the front door it felt really tight. had we had other people sleeping on the couch, it would have been more convenient to have the 2 doors, but since it was just DH and I we didn't really need the extra entrance. it sounds like that was important to you, but you're already aware that harmony only has the one bathroom door.

also, on quantum we felt the wall between living room and bedroom made each room feel really cramped; on harmony, we did not feel cramped at all - i guess maybe the room is wider? the only thing we disliked about harmony was having no closet in the bedroom to hang dresses and suits, as noted above. the bedroom did have tons of cabinet and drawer space, though, and a vanity area. and the closet, although in the entry, was huge - it has a hanging area, plus a shelf above and a bunch of shelves down one side.

also as a heads up, we did a B2B in a balcony and then a GS, and our balcony had usb ports for charging but our GS did not. at least, we couldn't find them, and neither could our room steward. just something to keep in mind for charging stuff.

overall, we were really happy with the space and layout of the harmony GS. we'd probably stay in one again. i don't think we'd stay in one again on quantum class - we just felt like even though the overall square footage of the GS was a lot, each room was too cramped on quantum.

Edited by karmacats

Thank you for the detailed response. The only thing I felt about the Quantum GS was that the coffee table in the living room area was way too big for the room An oval table half the size would have made the suite feel larger. Also I think from youtube of both, the Quantum had more space for hanging clothes. Just the two of us, so we can deal with the bathroom entrances. We bring our own usb chargers so that will not be an issue.

Thanks again.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I stayed in GS in Ovation. The coffee table was far too big and just in the way. It was odd having much cupboard space in the lounge area too. The bathroom was good and the 2 doors was handy for access from the lounge area. It looked and felt like 2 rooms with an arch between them. I didn't like it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree about the coffee tables. our balcony on harmony didn't have one, so we thought maybe they'd be eliminated in the GS also, but no dice - there was a rather large rectangular table in the suite.

on both quantum and harmony we ended up pushing the table up against the cabinets under the tv, so we at least had a clear walking path in front of the couch. it helped some. on quantum a number of people moved theirs out to the balcony just to get it out of the way.