New Build?

RJB

Have to question your math, the Regent Explorer which began the build cycle this past week will be sailing under Regent in 18 months. Your 2 to 3 years might be accurate for some of the new monstrosities of the seas and that includes outfitting and sailing with paid passengers.

Even if your 2 to 3 years is correct, your last statement about debut is 4 to 7 years after keel laying and way too much time. The 4 to 7 years might be accurate for the time from conception to sailing which includes a lot of time to design, finance and other preliminary work prior to cutting the first steel piece.

Google is your friend as it states that the Oasis of the Seas took about 3 years from keel to sailing for Carnival and any ships for O or R would take a much shorter time ergo, the 18 months for Explorer.

And as Kiawahdon stated, debt is debt and a discounted price to keep shipworkers working doesn't change the premise that added debt just before an IPO is not a good thing.

Dave, I'm sure it was a typo, but if the article said Oasis Of The Seas is a Carnival ship I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Dave, I'm sure it was a typo, but if the article said Oasis Of The Seas is a Carnival ship I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Absolutely correct ORV, my typo. the story about Oasis is true and came from the ship builder that they met the build time of 1050 days. It never said Carnival and I goofed saying it.

Thanks for the correction but, the times from Jim are still extremely questionable.