What excursions to take from Marseille

Curious12

There will be a group of 6 of us docking in Marseille in May. What in your opinion, should we see outside of Marseille? We are considering Aix-en-Provence, Lourmarin and Roussillon. I know we don't have time for all three.

Also, can anyone recommend any good private tour companies for that area?

Thanks

My husband and I stopped in Marseille last July with RCCI but we did not book an excursion with the ship. Instead, we booked an excursion using Viator.com

We signed up for the electric bike tour which was absolutely fantastic. It's a guided bike tour of the city but with the electric bikes, it was very enjoyable. Even though we are avid bikers, we could not have comfortably toured the city on a standard bike because of the steep hills. The cost of the tour was $45 for 4 hours (I think). The only thing we had to do was get a taxi to the meeting point which Viator gives explicit instructions on doing. Whether a bike tour or not, definitely check out Viator for all your European ports of call. and they haven't paid me to write this...we just had great luck with them. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

CM

There will be a group of 6 of us docking in Marseille in May. What in your opinion, should we see outside of Marseille? We are considering Aix-en-Provence, Lourmarin and Roussillon. I know we don't have time for all three.

Also, can anyone recommend any good private tour companies for that area?

Thanks

Two towns that I love near Marseilles are Aix-en-Provence and Cassis. There's also plenty to see right in Marseilles. These city guides will help you make an informed decision:

http://travelflicks.ca/tourism/france.php

Enjoy your vacation!

My husband and I stopped in Marseille last July with RCCI but we did not book an excursion with the ship. Instead, we booked an excursion using Viator.com

We signed up for the electric bike tour which was absolutely fantastic. It's a guided bike tour of the city but with the electric bikes, it was very enjoyable. Even though we are avid bikers, we could not have comfortably toured the city on a standard bike because of the steep hills. The cost of the tour was $45 for 4 hours (I think). The only thing we had to do was get a taxi to the meeting point which Viator gives explicit instructions on doing. Whether a bike tour or not, definitely check out Viator for all your European ports of call. and they haven't paid me to write this...we just had great luck with them. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

CM

My husband and I are looking into doing his. How much was the taxi? Was it easy to get to the meeting place?

Thanks!

CM

I was looking into doing this as well! It sounds so fun. But I was worried about getting myself to the meeting point and then back to the ship afterwards. Did you find that easy?

My husband and I are looking into doing his. How much was the taxi? Was it easy to get to the meeting place?

Thanks!

I was looking into doing this as well! It sounds so fun. But I was worried about getting myself to the meeting point and then back to the ship afterwards. Did you find that easy?

When you book the excursion with viator they give you explicit directions to the meeting point including street name and address. We took a cab to the meeting point and were on sight in 10-15 minutes. I want to say the cab fare was no more than 15 euros. Like most ports, cabs are lined up and ready to roll. I did have google translate on my phone just in case but even without knowing the language, we managed to get where we wanted to go.

Christina

Edited by Georgia_Peaches