Pregnant & Old People in Belize. Need excursion ideas.

Alliegatore

Hi everyone!

I will be pregnant when we sail and be going with my mother who is elderly. I have the ports planned for Mahogany Bay & Cozumel but I’m really needing advice about Belize. With my pregnancy and my mother being elderly, we are looking for a relaxing, low activity excursion. So, no cave tubing, zip lines, hikes, ruins, snorkeling, etc. Does anyone know of any tours (shopping, lunch, beach) or beach packages? The few beach excursions I see have bad reviews about the beach being shell-y, dirty water and also that it’s not exactly safe to go shop/explore alone. It’s making me question if we should just stay on the ship that day. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Someone who is only going because carnival gave me a free cruise and it's my last relaxing trip before 18+ years of parenthood

Hi everyone!

I will be pregnant when we sail and be going with my mother who is elderly. I have the ports planned for Mahogany Bay & Cozumel but I’m really needing advice about Belize. With my pregnancy and my mother being elderly, we are looking for a relaxing, low activity excursion. So, no cave tubing, zip lines, hikes, ruins, snorkeling, etc. Does anyone know of any tours (shopping, lunch, beach) or beach packages? The few beach excursions I see have bad reviews about the beach being shell-y, dirty water and also that it’s not exactly safe to go shop/explore alone. It’s making me question if we should just stay on the ship that day. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Someone who is only going because carnival gave me a free cruise and it's my last relaxing trip before 18+ years of parenthood

As a mother of two (now grown!)

My best advice is to sleep late , enjoy the room service, appreciate someone else doing all the cleaning.

Have wonderful long talks with your Mother and crab as much quiet time as you can. Have a great cruise/vacation...think of it like the CALM before the STORM!

[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I went to Belize when I was 23 weeks pregnant in 2012. In hindsight I should have stayed on the ship. It was November and 90 something degrees outside. The tender ride took FOREVER and I was miserable the whole time we were off the ship. We did a tour of the city on a trolley. Interesting to learn about Belize, but I would have been better off laying by the pool splashing my feet in the water and relaxing on a half empty ship!

Sorry if it's not what you want to hear, but just some advice from someone who was in your shoes recently :)

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Belize in February and did the mangrove swamp airboat ride. A bus picked us up close to the dock and drove about a half hour. We then transferred to an airboat. It was excellent and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I would say that it was not very strenuous and the guide was wonderful. We were on the Caribbean Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you, I'd look into a private tour to Old Belize City and the zoo. If you need an email for a private guide, I can find it for the guide we've used twice. His name is Maurice and he's a gem! He would take great care of you!

Personally, I wouldn't explore Belize on my own - unless you're talking about the little market across the street from the port gate.

There are some local stores in town...where the locals shop....I know there is a grocery store that neat things, more than groceries....a cabbie could take you....

I have been there many times and the tender ride is only about 20-25 mins. And not that bad... Have fun! Don't stay on the ship..Belize

is great...

Since you are pregnant I would avoid going in to the interior of Belize. Protect yourself with insect repellant if you do. (But of course deet is bad for you too). Not to scare you but that is where the docs believe my DH got Dugue fever. We will go to the out islands now but never again to the interior. He was young, healthy and Very Sick.

Stay on the ship or go to one of the little island beaches for the day.