Iconcierge anyone?

pumpkin228

Just used this on our Breakaway trip on March 15th. We loved it. We purchased it on 2 devices so that we could keep track of the kids. We were able to call or text them at anytime of the day or night. You could also get a real time tracking of your on-board spending, make dinner reservations, check to see what was going on at various venues on the ship, look for shore excursions etc. Overall for $7.95 per device I thought it was well worth it. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Although I used concierge on the breakaway I didn't use the pay portion

I know it works on NCL's wifi but if you turn the wifi on you become subject to international usage fees from your cell phone carrier so I think you should turn everything off on your cell or else you might incur high charges on your cell bill

I know it works on NCL's wifi but if you turn the wifi on you become subject to international usage fees from your cell phone carrier so I think you should turn everything off on your cell or else you might incur high charges on your cell bill

You put your phone in airplane mode and then turn wifi back on. You can't be charged roaming fees unless you've enabled data roaming. You'll have to turn Bluetooth back on, too, if you use wireless speakers or headphones.

Nope, this is not accurate. When you put your phone in airplane mode, you won't be subjected to any usage fees. After you put your phone in airplane mode, you then connect to NCL's wifi and it is only for use on the ship - not for making calls outside of the ship. We used the iconcierge on the Getaway a few weeks ago and it was well worth the $7.95!

But remember that airplane mode also deactivates wifi and Bluetooth on an iPhone. You have to turn wifi back on in settings, as I mentioned above. Or flick your finger up from the home screen button to bring up controls for airplane mode, wifi, Bluetooth (and some other features)

Just used this on our Breakaway trip on March 15th. We loved it. We purchased it on 2 devices so that we could keep track of the kids. We were able to call or text them at anytime of the day or night. You could also get a real time tracking of your on-board spending, make dinner reservations, check to see what was going on at various venues on the ship, look for shore excursions etc. Overall for $7.95 per device I thought it was well worth it. If you have any specific questions let me know.

All of these things are free except calls/texts. I used all of the other items, especially keeping track of the bill. Very helpful!