Resort for a Day - Rose Hall Hilton vs. Sunset Beach

nwo4life

I hope someone in the know replies to this thread... My wife and I will be in Montego Bay for a day in October of 2014. We are considering both of the places mentioned as well as just going to Doctor's Cave Beach for a day.

I went to resort for a day, Hilton in November, 2013. It was very nice, the lazy river was nice and the food was good as well as the drinks

. Have never been to Sunset Beach. The hilton has the lazy river and slides and the beach. You should be satisfied with that one if you go.

You said you have been to Rose Hall, so you know how nice it is there. I have only been to Rose Hall before, so I can't offer anything on it more than what you already know.

However, I have been to Sunset Grande in Ocho Rios, which seems to be a lot just like the Sunset here in Montego Bay and we enjoyed it a lot.

You can find tons of pictures HERE that someone else on this site took while there. They were showing me them back when I was trying to decide if I wanted to go to Sunset or Hilton.

Hopefully that will help some. :)

I hope someone in the know replies to this thread... My wife and I will be in Montego Bay for a day in October of 2014. We are considering both of the places mentioned as well as just going to Doctor's Cave Beach for a day.

We had a great day in Doctor's Cave Beach a year or so ago, We went with Reggae tours ( not sure of they are still in business) who provided the private transportation. We had a private car there and came back in a van with a few others from the ship.

I don't recall the price of the trip, or the fees to get into the beach, but we prefer a local beach to many AI resorts. There were a few restaurants and bars right at the beach to have a snack and drink. We must be getting ( and looking ) old as no one offered to sell us anything illegal. I was torn between being happy (not to be approached) and sad (That we were not approached) !! :)

enjoy

M

I have stayed at both resorts as a guest for a week. Hilton rose hall is going to be closer than sunset beach. By about 20 to 30 minutes. Hilton is a much nicer property and their drinks are much better. The lazy river is great. Sunset beach is an older property, still good food but very bottom shelf alcohol. Service much better at Hilton. Neither one has a great beach as the north side of the island is not known for its beaches.

About equal distance from Falmouth as sunset beach but in the opposite direction is jewel runaway bay which also does day passes. If you are looking for a great beach you will want to go here. It's a great resort with good food and drinks and amazing service. It feels like a resort. Hilton feels more like a hotel with a couple pools.

Reggae tours is still very much in business. I have used them 20 plus times when on the island Gregg Connell is the owner, and they have a website. If you contact them directly they will customize a day trip for you if you decide not to go the resort route.

Hope that helps.