Victoria

Yes of course. Victoria is beautiful and charming, very walkable.

This has been discussed before and here are a few of those threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344489&highlight=victoria

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344933&highlight=victoria

Thanks for the info. I feel a little better about it now.

Thanks for the info. I feel a little better about it now.

Good. I would hate for you to miss it. I looked up sunset for you (early August, anyway) and sunset should be approximately 8:43 pm, certainly lots of time to see the wonderful city. The Parliament Buildings are all lit up starting at dusk so be sure to see that. :)

Parliament.jpg.1abfeaa3a9a80189568728faec2f3736.jpg

Absolutely, Victoria in the evening is beautiful. It's always beautiful but the evening is no exception. Enjoy, we certainly do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by krev

tcworld, it would appear from your avatar that you maybe mobility challenged and as Dudette has a similar issue and I am the pusher, I can tell you that most of downtown Victoria is level and very accessible. While we have had no experience with the new shuttle bus service from the terminal to downtown, the Victoria Harbour Commission in their announcement of the new service indicated that the buses would be accessible. The fare for the shuttle is $11 return which is pretty much what a taxi fare is in either direction.

tcworld, it would appear from your avatar that you maybe mobility challenged and as Dudette has a similar issue and I am the pusher, I can tell you that most of downtown Victoria is level and very accessible. While we have had no experience with the new shuttle bus service from the terminal to downtown, the Victoria Harbour Commission in their announcement of the new service indicated that the buses would be accessible. The fare for the shuttle is $11 return which is pretty much what a taxi fare is in either direction.

Thanks for the info. Us wheelers and wheelers helpers need all the help we can get with first hand knowledge.

If you don't feel like venturing far, you should check out the breakwater at Ogden Point - it's conveniently located next to where the cruise ships dock and is wheelchair accessible! Dallas Rd is the street that runs in front of the terminal and it basically follows the water so if you turn right you can keep going for a long time and still be right next to the water. If you turn left onto Dallas Rd it will eventually lead you to Fisherman's Wharf and the Inner Harbour (the street changes names after a while I think).

If you don't feel like venturing far, you should check out the breakwater at Ogden Point - it's conveniently located next to where the cruise ships dock and is wheelchair accessible! Dallas Rd is the street that runs in front of the terminal and it basically follows the water so if you turn right you can keep going for a long time and still be right next to the water. If you turn left onto Dallas Rd it will eventually lead you to Fisherman's Wharf and the Inner Harbour (the street changes names after a while I think).

Thanks, that will go in my file for the trip.