barcelona hotel/transportation

We are flying into BCN 9:45AM Aug 1 for Allure of the Seas leaving on Aug. 2. Ayre Hotel Gran Via seems like a pretty good deal but we haven't made reservations yet. What's the best way to handle transportation and luggage from the airport to hotel/hotel to ship?

Any comments or suggestions will be a big help.

We are flying into BCN 9:45AM Aug 1 for Allure of the Seas leaving on Aug. 2. Ayre Hotel Gran Via seems like a pretty good deal but we haven't made reservations yet. What's the best way to handle transportation and luggage from the airport to hotel/hotel to ship?

Any comments or suggestions will be a big help.

If you take the AeroBus A1 or A2 to the first stop in the city, the hotel is just back one block from where the bus stops.

The hotel has a pretty good breakfast buffet and is modern. I would say it is a 3.5 star hotel, but is just fine. I have had some great deals on this hotel at times.

If a taxi is the chosen mode, the hotel is just before the more congested inner city starts.

I really like this area sometimes as the Arena shopping in the old bull ring on Plaza Espana is a good option for rooftop dining or casual dining on lower floors.

My only advice is to be a bit observant if returning to this hotel late as that one block off Plaza Espana can be worked by pick-pockets.

You can also take the Bus D20 directly from the plaza down to the port and then catch the Blue Port Bus as well. Large bags are allowed on the D20 as it is an oversized bus.

I'm staying at a different hotel, HCC Lugano, but in the same general location near Placa Espanya. I'm planning on taking the Aerobus (only 5.90 Euro/person) to Placa Espanya and then walking a couple blocks to my hotel. If you take the Aerobus, you can buy tickets online ahead of time. I'm planning on taking a taxi to the ship because, given the Placa Espanya location (and driving down Av. de Parallel) it looks like it will be a fairly short taxi ride to the port.