Lifejackets

Kindlychap

We all know that there is an adult lifejacket for every passenger placed in the cabin.

We also know (thank you Sebastian) that the dogs get lifejackets. And that they waste them on cats.

They're even prone to give them to children.

But I've never heard what the position is for bears. Bluey wants to know whether he'll get a lifejacket if he comes with us. He's a bit risk-aware. Can anyone assist him in his worries?

Matthew

We all know that there is an adult lifejacket for every passenger placed in the cabin.

We also know (thank you Sebastian) that the dogs get lifejackets. And that they waste them on cats.

But I've never heard what the position is for bears. Bluey wants to know whether he'll get a lifejacket if he comes with us. He's a bit risk-aware. Can anyone assist him in his worries?

Matthew

Matthew...if you truly care for Bluey you would bring your own to be on the safe side....doubtful they have them that small and I plan to bring one along for Bear's mini clone who will travel with us in Nov..;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Waste them on cats???

Miss Lily would chew you to bits!

Bluey would get an infant vest. Looks like a Native American papoose, only in orange.

You go , Babette! About time someone stuck up for cats on this board?

BTW,

Thought about going down to New London today to see Explorer of the sea port in. I have a client on her in April. But did not.

Hmm, half an hour- I could still get there!

Karie,

who wonders if there are any Cunard bears left on QE2. I hope they don't sell out by April. I don't even demand a life jacket. Just want a bear!

I have one from Crown Jewel before she was sold! But QE2 QM2 bears are nicer.

I held one once. They are so incredibly soft you could just hold them forever!

Now I want one for me!

Oh dear, this is something that hadn't occurred to me at all, will Spencer Bear ever forgive me?

Anyway, I think I have thought of a solution, drink a bottle of champagne and tie him to the empty bottle, I'm sure that would keep him afloat :D

Oh dear, this is something that hadn't occurred to me at all, will Spencer Bear ever forgive me?

Anyway, I think I have thought of a solution, drink a bottle of champagne and tie him to the empty bottle, I'm sure that would keep him afloat :D

I wouldn't do that. Some damn desperate idiot would grab for one last drag on that champagne bottle and it would be the end for your poor Spencer bear (unless of course, it was Pol Acker. No one would grab for that not even a drowning man!) (BTW,. Speaking of thread drift, Would Spencer be related to the Lady Diana Spencer?)

Karie,

ducking from the Di haters- how tacky they are! Do you hate her more than some despots and low-lifes?

kindltchap, please can you say what kind of bear is bluey????

Bluey is a slightly geriatric bear, who is a bit set in his ways. He's also a bit worn around the edges.

When he was a young cub, he was blue. But that was a long time ago....

Matthew

Matthew

Interesting that Sebastian (the cat) and Keiko, Simon, Bella, Chicho, and Guido (the dogs) got along for six days with less growling and hissing than is generated here by any pair of posts.

The lifejacket allocation rules are clear: if Bluey is in the kennels, he gets his own; if Bluey is in your cabin, he gets Matthew's. Stay dry, Matthew.

Paul

Interesting that Sebastian (the cat) and Keiko, Simon, Bella, Chicho, and Guido (the dogs) got along for six days with less growling and hissing than is generated here by any pair of posts.

The lifejacket allocation rules are clear: if Bluey is in the kennels, he gets his own; if Bluey is in your cabin, he gets Matthew's. Stay dry, Matthew.

Paul

I hope you're not suggesting that a bear is less important than a child......

As they get their own...

Matthew

As they get their own...

Matthew

As you know, Matthew, rules are rules. And, as you also know, understanding them becomes more difficult the more after your midnight you confront them.

Bon soir, a demain (that is my demain, too late for yours),

Paul

As they get their own...

Matthew

That depends, Matthew, Did you pay third or fourth passenger fare for Bluey?

If not, then he is a stowaway, and as such, would not have been allocated a lifejacket.

I might be persuaded to part with this one for a "small fee" It is very dear to me, as it keeps my drinks safe from harm.

Karie,

who knows on which side her bread is buttered. (and where her priorities lie!)

P1010429.jpg.3818c608301c740b717d0474c2258545.jpg

That depends, Matthew, Did you pay third or fourth passenger fare for Bluey?

If not, then he is a stowaway, and as such, would not have been allocated a lifejacket.

I might be persuaded to part with this one for a "small fee" It is very dear to me, as it keeps my drinks safe from harm.

Karie,

who knows on which side her bread is buttered. (and where her priorities lie!)

I think this is perhaps a matter to take up with the butler on board. Alternatively, I believe Kirsten can swim.

Matthew

I wouldn't do that. Some damn desperate idiot would grab for one last drag on that champagne bottle and it would be the end for your poor Spencer bear (unless of course, it was Pol Acker. No one would grab for that not even a drowning man!) (BTW,. Speaking of thread drift, Would Spencer be related to the Lady Diana Spencer?)

Karie,

ducking from the Di haters- how tacky they are! Do you hate her more than some despots and low-lifes?

Actually, I discovered on this recent cruise that Kevin loves Pol Acker, and since he has little time for Spencer Bear then I think I need to review the situation. Spencer Bear has a lot of 'brothers' in this country, unique as he seems, so I wouldn't think he is related to Diana.

Now that looks just the right size, where can I get one of those please?

Actually, I discovered on this recent cruise that Kevin loves Pol Acker, and since he has little time for Spencer Bear then I think I need to review the situation. Spencer Bear has a lot of 'brothers' in this country, unique as he seems, so I wouldn't think he is related to Diana.

Now that looks just the right size, where can I get one of those please?

Well, honestly, I got mine at a fund raiser for the Farmington River Watershed Association. They don't seem to have them on their web site though (It's been a few years.) But I did google "life Jacket" "Beer Koozie" and found one for sale on Jost Van Dyke in the British virgins in a bar called the Soggy dollar Bar.

anyone going to Jost Van Dyke any time soon? It's sort of near St Thomas. In fact, I think there are day excursions to it.

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?band_id=1171&dept_id=8749&sfid=2

Here's another mail-order koozie

http://www.barkerstores.com/soundings/default.aspx?action=details&showme=SOU25&cat=F

The last one is sold by a company called Barker Specialty, here in Connecticut (Cheshire if I remember correctly) they do promotional items for corporations, but do do some single items. (They also have a comic museum, specializing in Thimble Theater, starring Popeye!) They are local here. http://www.barkerspecialty.com/corpsite/default.asp

I have dealt with them before. They are (or were) a customer of the company I work for and I had to help them with some things.

Karie,

who loves her koozie!

Thanks Karie

I had tried Googling myself, with no results that provided something still available, I had never heard of a koozie though!

I tried the mail order link, thought I would attempt to see how much it would cost to obtain one by adding it to my basket. Sadly it won't let me progress further without entering credit cards details, so I can't tell whether they ship to the UK (let alone the cost!).

Now I have the word koozie I may well do some further googling myself.

Thanks Karie

I had tried Googling myself, with no results that provided something still available, I had never heard of a koozie though!

I tried the mail order link, thought I would attempt to see how much it would cost to obtain one by adding it to my basket. Sadly it won't let me progress further without entering credit cards details, so I can't tell whether they ship to the UK (let alone the cost!).

Now I have the word koozie I may well do some further googling myself.

If it doesn't work, let me know. Like I said, they are a local concern here. I am sure I can pick something up and ship it (Or make you meet the ship when we land in Soton April 18th! <G>) We're not talking a huge amount of money here, and I have not yet maxed out my credit cards with all of these fabulous cruises!

The other possibility if you are at all crafty, is that the one I have (that you saw the picture of) is plain foam. You could get plain colored foam from a good craft or sewing store, get some strapping material and buy the clasps. Then you could make it yourself, using whatever color of foam you like and even decorating it as you see fit with fabric paints or even glue on items! I could certainly draw a pattern from my existing one. It wouldn't be too difficult.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out. You might try some boating supply places. It would be the sort of thing they might carry. Try insulated drink (or can) covers for googling also.

Karie,

who loves her koozie. It is always a hit when she shows it off!

Thank you Karie, that is so sweet of you to offer to help out. Since there is no rush, I will see if I can locate something suitable, and come back to you if I can't.

I really hadn't realised how much I had been putting Spencer Bear at risk, I suppose I just assumed a life jacket would be provided. :eek:

Archived