Cost of things onboard?

staceylea93

My partner and I are going on out first cruise in a few weeks on the Pacific Ppearl, and we are working out how much money to allocate for the trip. We were wondering if anyone can tell us roughy prices of some things on board, such as drinks, some of the restaurants that aren't included in the cost of the trip, and also (for myself mainly!), how much the day spa treatments are?

Thanks.

Spa treatments quite expensive my friend had a hot rock massage and it cost $170.00 (we were on the pearl last month) she also said the $15.00 massage she got from the island lady at lifou was better!! Salt cell was I think $49.00 ea for dinner less for lunch , Cocktails on the menu list were all around $10.00 . Coffee around $4.00 (although u can get the machine stuff free 24/7 from the plantation restaurant machine but it doesn't serve cappuccino . Charlie's bar makes the best cappuccino and u get a free chocolate with it .. Loooove Charlie's bar.

Edited by Ru2on

Canned beers like VB, XXXX, etc were $5.50

Bottled beers like Crownie's etc were $7.95 (I think)

Mixed drinks were around $10

Waterfront Restaurant is included in your fare. Wine extra.

Salt Grill is $49 p/p

Day spa will cost you your first born child. As Ru2on mentioned, the beach massages are heaps better priced and very good. My wife did both, she's now sworn off the onboard spa treatments. She loves the massages and regularly has them at home when shopping, but won't do it again onboard due to the price. She's had them on both Pearl and Jewel.

we are at Salt one night and it was $49 a head - probably wouldn't do it again but the service was lovely.

Soft drinks were about $2.75 a can. Was so glad they now have Australian Diet Coke!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for asking OP, and for the answers folks.

We'll be first time cruisers on Pacific Pearl at the end of May and I was starting to wonder about the cost of these sorts of extras :)

Does anyone have any info on how much spending money you should bring on an 11night cruise pp? We are going to santo, villa, wala, mystery island, and Isle of pines on the pacific jewel.. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have any info on how much spending money you should bring on an 11night cruise pp? We are going to santo, villa, wala, mystery island, and Isle of pines on the pacific jewel.. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think anyone can answer that question for you. We cruise a lot and would probably spend only a couple of hundred dollars for the two of us, but other people can easily spend a few hundred dollars a day. It depends on whether you drink (we have a couple of drinks a day only), gamble (we don't), take the ship's shore tours (we don't) or buy stuff on board (we rarely do).