Embassy Suites vs Hilton Marina vs other suggestions

vikielynne

Hi All,

I am looking at hotels in Fort Lauderdale for New Year's Eve, no cruise involved just a mini break for my mom, my kitten and I :-) We will have a car but prefer to walk to some places when I can. I'm looking for a nice pool, pretty view from the hotel with clean and nice rooms. I've got a great rate at the Hilton - about $200 per night but still looking around for the best value. We live in S. Florida so this trip is just about getting out of the house (if I'm home I find something that needs to get done) and be taken care of a little - someone to make my bed, make my dinner and the chance to relax and do nothing.

Thank you,

Vickie

We like the Hilton marina with the views and all the boats plus the great pool and landscaping. The restaurant/bar out on the dock is great also, plus you can hop the water taxi there

Edited by setsail

I'd look at the Riverside on Las Olas. Lots of restaurants to choose from within steps, little shops, cute atmosphere. Go for a newer room with the views. Water taxi stop too. See this link for more info. Embassy Suites is ok but sits on the busy 17th St. Riverside is "old Florida" on a great street.

http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Check out this new service around Las Olas too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2120948

Edited by eandj