Steakhouse bar

Can you get drinks from the steakhouse bar when you are not eating there?

This question was just asked a few weeks ago and it seems to differ from ship to ship. I was firmly but politely told NO.

And it may not be the nicest bar on the ship. It will most likely have more top shelf brands and expensive wines than say the Lido deck bars. Plus, as I recall, you sit at the bar, not at a cocktail table. Might be different on different ships. With the "open" kitchen and the bustle to serve diners, not exactly a prime atmosphere for a night out. But enjoyable for a pre-dinner drink if you're early or have to wait for a table;or for a nightcap, if you wish to move away from the linen.

Can you get drinks from the steakhouse bar when you are not eating there?

Yes you can and you can on all the ships with a Steakhouse, it has long been my favorite place to have my before dinner (MDR or Steakhouse) as one has stated you must sit at the bar no tables, higher quality spirits, you must be dressed as you would be for eating there, (no shorts allowed), I find it a nice quite place to drink without the loud drunks.

But why would you want to. With the availability of so many different bars on a ship..

In my case, because they served a drink I really liked in the Steakhouse that nowhere else on the ship even had a clue what I was talking about.

In my case, because they served a drink I really liked in the Steakhouse that nowhere else on the ship even had a clue what I was talking about.

What is the name of the drink?

What is in it?

I would like to know for my upcoming trip which finally has a steakhouse on the ship. Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

Debating getting Cheers for our upcoming trip on the Sunshine in a few weeks. Understand the steakhouse bar has better wines, whiskey, champagne etc. Wondering if anyone has any insight into what those are, a drink menu etc. Premium beverages of those types would help us decide to bite the bullet and get the package. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app