Luggage Tracking Sites

Thecat123

Has anybody had any luck with these luggage tracking sites?

We left St. Petersburg airport on 12th August on a BA flight to London then on to Malaysia Airlines for the flight onto Auckland New Zealand with a 14 hour layover at Kuala Lumpur

When we got to Auckland we were minus one suitcase

The lost luggage here seems to go through a third party for several airlines and we aren't getting much joy from them

I have tried using BA and Malaysia Airlines luggage tracker and keep getting an error when I type in the luggage number (BA 648112) on both sites

Any ideas how I can find my suitcase ?

I have tried using BA and Malaysia Airlines luggage tracker and keep getting an error when I type in the luggage number (BA 648112) on both sites
I think you may be using the wrong number.

When you reported your missing bag, did you get a claim reference number in the format MHAKLxxxxxx (or something along those lines)? I think that's the one you need for the WorldTracer site.

I think you may be using the wrong number.

When you reported your missing bag, did you get a claim reference number in the format MHAKLxxxxxx (or something along those lines)? I think that's the one you need for the WorldTracer site.

Yep, you need the claim reference number.

It even states very clearly on the website that you have to type in your 10-digit file reference number, and gives you an example of the format (e.g. ATLXS13166).

Also, where the name is required, make sure to type in the name of the person who filed the report or the person who checked in the bags. For example: Jones and Smith travel together. All the luggage is pooled on Jones. Smith loses his suitcase. The airline agent puts the name of the tags in the report, thus Jones and not Smith.

Thank you very much

My Travel Agent tried with the Bag Tag number yesterday and got no where so I thought I would try the experts here

He can't of had much to do with lost suitcases :)

I would never of thought to try the claim number

I tried just now and the suitcase is still lost :mad: