What to do in Vancouver for one day

DanaJW

We have arranged to fly home the day after our cruise ends in Vancouver. We'll be staying downtown (Westin Bayshore, thanks to this board) and I'm looking for some suggestions of how we can spend about 24 hours in Vancouver. Thanks so much!

We have arranged to fly home the day after our cruise ends in Vancouver. We'll be staying downtown (Westin Bayshore, thanks to this board) and I'm looking for some suggestions of how we can spend about 24 hours in Vancouver. Thanks so much!

I read on here about the tram to the top in Vancouver where one can get a shuttle from most hotels.. take the tram up to the top and have casual to fine dining.. sounds like that may be a fun idea for a one day visit.

If we can not get out of Vancouver until the following day. I think that is what we will do

Jim

First off, take a few hours to just walk around the city. It is a fun place to just walk around. We would also go over to Stanley Park and to the aquarium. Another nice place to just walk around. There are some many great restarurants in the city so plan a nice dinner as well.

Keith

Yes, Stanley Park would be worth at trip. You might also want to visit Gastown which is mostly for tourists and has shopping. You can take a walk down Robson street. This is where all the shopping is downtown. From Robson St. you can head to the beach, English Bay which would be nice to spend some time at. The Bayshore is a nice hotel. There is great restaurant called Carderos right across from your hotel on the water.

location to do that.You are near Stanley Park and Denman Street.Follow Denman and you will hit English Bay-alomg the way are tons of shops and good places to eat.That area has a large gay population and lots of good people watching.Then if you have the energy-walk up and down Robson Street-all the best shops are there and some more places to eat.

There is a trolley that you can hop on and off of and the driver tells things about some of the places.

There are usually lots of festivals and events going on and tons of things to see and do.

There is a trolley that you can hop on and off of and the driver tells things about some of the places.
I wholeheartedly agree with grouchy about the hop on/hop off trolley. We have spent several days in Vancouver in the past two years, and spent two wonderfully informative days on the Vancouver Trolley. It takes you throughout the downtown core, through part of Stanley Park, into Gastown, onto Granville Island and down Robson Street. At any of the 20 or so stops, you can get off and then reboard when you have finished touring any of the places nearby. You can get to know Vancouver pretty well by spending a day travelling from site to site aboard the trolley.

Also, the walk along the seawall near your hotel is beautiful. And, a trip on the little Aquabuses that go across English Bay (catch one near the Burrard Street bridge) and Granville Island. They also sail farther down False Creek.

Have a wonderful day. Vancouver is beautiful!

I third the suggestion of the VancouverTrolley. We did this last June while in Vancouver and it was just great to see most of the city. Go to the web site. There is all sorts of info there.

Marilyn

Archived