Earliest booking

NorthernOntario

Our family is looking at booking a Disney cruise...as early a possible. We are looking at booking for either Christmas 2017 or 2016 or march break of those years.

My question is, how early or when do these sales appear? Is it possible to track when sail dates were released in the past to figure out when they will be released for future cruises? We are going to want to book quite a few rooms and hope to give family lots of notice.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

I know it will be a premium...ughh but we are a family of teachers. Its either then or March Break. So I figured, if we start saving now, we might be able to do it.

Thanks so much for replying cruisefamilyforever!

If you move on it right away the price isn't that bad. Wait for things to be released, make a decision quick and book something. Prices only go one direction in those peak periods. On our March 2013 Fantasy cruise we paid just under 4k. Price more than doubled by the time the ship sailed. We have the Wonder 5n booked for March Break 2015 and grabbed it the day it went on sale for approx. $3200 for the four of us. Checked a couple of weeks ago and it won't let you book 2A 2K in a room anymore.

DW is a teacher here in Toronto so timing is always an issue. Other option to consider is to look the last week of August. Rates are usually better then earlier in the summer. Did back to back on the Dream a few years ago which is another option.

Other thing to do is to like DCL on Facebook. They usually post there a couple of days before hand. There is also another board for the hardcore DCL/Disney folks. That board will be lighting up like xmas in the week or so before the release with rumours and leaks.

Do you have a good TA that you use?

They should be able to alert you at least several days in advance of Disney releasing new sail dates.

No Chamima,

I trends to follow things more closely than any TA I have met. Most really dont care. Maybe its because I am in a small town but I seem to know things faster then they do.

If you move on it right away the price isn't that bad. Wait for things to be released, make a decision quick and book something. Prices only go one direction in those peak periods. On our March 2013 Fantasy cruise we paid just under 4k. Price more than doubled by the time the ship sailed. We have the Wonder 5n booked for March Break 2015 and grabbed it the day it went on sale for approx. $3200 for the four of us. Checked a couple of weeks ago and it won't let you book 2A 2K in a room anymore.

DW is a teacher here in Toronto so timing is always an issue. Other option to consider is to look the last week of August. Rates are usually better then earlier in the summer. Did back to back on the Dream a few years ago which is another option.

Other thing to do is to like DCL on Facebook. They usually post there a couple of days before hand. There is also another board for the hardcore DCL/Disney folks. That board will be lighting up like xmas in the week or so before the release with rumours and leaks.

Thank you so much! It gives me an idea at what we might be able to book for when they do get released as well. Most of us are 2A 2 k. we wil keep an eye on facebook also.

I am not sure if I can say here but you should check out the DIS boards. They keep track of all the release dates.

I was looking at booking a holiday cruise for 2015 and the rates were ridiculous. $5000+for an ocean view room to 2a 1c.

There is also a thread there that will give opening day prices that would give you a good idea how much they are.

This year a lot of people were saying how dcl prices them out of cruising because they raised the prices so much for peek season.

Check out the board so you get a good idea what to expect.

If you wish to see how the prices have changed for current and prior sailings, check out the Disney section of touringplans.com. They have a FareTracker that shows how fares have moved, by date booked, for every itinerary, for current and prior years sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another thing to consider depending upon where you are in Northern Ontario is the flights. We have flown out of Buffalo almost exclusively since 2002. I have family outside of North Bay who have used it as well (since in most cases they are driving down to TO anyway for flights another 2 hours is nothing). Multiple a couple of hundred dollars per person across a bunch of people and the savings add up and quickly justify the drive.