Fly Aweigh & FTTF - together?

tea4ular

Have you ever used Carnival's Fly Aweigh and FTTF together?

We'll be using Fly Aweigh and I am wanting to purchase FTTF for several of the "perks" - but the system has me blocked out.

Carnival reps say they can book me FTTF right now (it's available) but they'd have to cancel my Fly Aweigh (that would be silly! how would I get to the port??) :confused: :eek:

It seems nuts that I am unable to purchase FTTF when it's available, simply because I'm using their Fly Aweigh program.

Any work arounds?

Thanks!

Confusing to me.

Of course we all know that if you contact customer service 5 times, you'll get 5 different answers. Maybe call back.

The only thing I can think of as to why they wouldn't want to sell you FTTF is because they might consider this a waste of your money.

Afterall, with Fly Aweigh, you will not board the ship early. You most likely won't fly into the port city until late morning/early afternoon, therefore FTTF gets you nothing.

FTTF gets you nothing when it's time to get off the ship on the last day. You have to get off the ship and to your bus anyway.

Ok so you can't (necessarily) get on the ship earlier, but just for arguments sake, say, we get to the port and 2000 of our new friends are there at the same time, and we'd like to NOT get in the line with them...as well there are other "perks" - guest services, for example; priority tendering, as another example...neither of those have a lick to do with FlyAweigh or Carnival transfers!

I'm stumped! Tried every way. Called (several times), wrote to the address above, escalated to a supervisor who said "we can just cancel your FlyAweigh" - :eek:

Why do you need FlyAweigh? You could book air yourself. Best to arrive the night before.

Read the sticky on the CruiseAir board to see how it works.

Edited by SadieN

This trip we don't have the luxury of going in the day before and we got a good deal on the FlyAweigh.

Over on the Princess board there's a good thread ---'Our Most Excellent Adventure'. It's about a pax who booked air with the cruiseline and missed the ship. It's very informative, in a good way.