Newby question

Traveller21x2

A CC member told me in another thread to ask my question here.

My first cruise will be very soon.:)

Still I wonder is it possible for me as a Dutch ( Netherlands ) citizen to book a European Cruise by a USA agent/online site.

I did my research and I have found some articles which say yes but some cruise lines as Holland America line says it's not allowed.

What's your experience ?

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a cruise through a US travel agent in 2009 for 2010. A few years after this I was informed that a large number of Cruise Lines have now prohibited US travel agencies from accepting bookings from non US citizens. You may book a cruise with a US agency if you have a residency in the US or are travelling in a cabin with a US citizen. There is an exception to this from Holland America Line and Princess Cruise Line. If you have previously booked a cruise with either line with a US travel agency you may book again with the same US travel agent with another booking on the same cruise line. I believe the rules for internet booking are the same as the thinking behind the rules is to make sure the cheaper prices often available in the US are not taken advantage of outside the US. I was advised this information by Vacations to Go.

Regards Keith