buying tickets for Accademia

Halftocruz

Hi,

I have a question. We are using RIL for our upcoming cruise. Jany said that we should purchase tickets to see the David at Accademia by calling the ticket office. I tried to buy on the website and it was kinda complicated so maybe that is why she suggests calling. Has anyone called and was it easy? Orused the website? Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

Kellie

We bought ours online, about a year and a half ago. Go to their official website at http://www.accademia.org and you select the date and then the time, amount of tickets etc. If I remember correctly I submitted my credit card (use one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee if you have one)and they send your tickets in an e-mail and you just print them out and take them to the front of the line when you reach the museum.

Be sure and check with your tour company what time you will be there. We were actually a little late but they still let us in. If you don't buy online in advance ,you would have to wait a couple of hours in line just to get your tickets.

tickitaly also sell tickets date and time specific for academia . With this on line seller they will wait list you even if bookings are not officially open for the required date.

It's worth noting, however, that Tickitaly adds a surcharge over and above what the museum charges.

Most people have had no problem going directly through the museum. You can actually call them to reserve a ticket and no payment is required until you pick it up at the museum (separate line) in Florence. That way, if something happens and you do not make it, there is no charge.

As cruisemom notes, calling the phone number will get you a reservation and then you pick up tickets in a SHORT line when you arrive. It is very easy. The phone agents speak English. If for some reason, you don't get there on time, you won't be out the money of a paid-in-advance ticket.

Edited by sola7

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all of the answers they were very helpful and I will be calling for reservations!!! :)

Did you call for tickets yet? I was looking today to buy tickets, very confusing. It lists the cost at 8 euros but is 16 when you try to add them. This was on their website.

Did you call for tickets yet? I was looking today to buy tickets, very confusing. It lists the cost at 8 euros but is 16 when you try to add them. This was on their website.

No I haven't yet. I will this week I hope. I will post how it went on this thread. I know by calling you are not paying but just reserving and you can go to the front of the line.

The phone is by far the cheapest and most convenient way to reserve tickets for the Accademia, and as Cruisemom points out, you don't have to pay until you collect them. The phone call is pretty brief and to the point, so you shouldn't rack up a huge bill even if you don't have a calling plan that includes Europe.

I also called to reserve our tickets for the Accademia. Easy, peasy and now there are 2 tickets reserved for 5/14/15 @ 2:30. Can't get here soon enough. This has been the coldest winter I can remember in South Texas.

Still looking at options for Barcelona. There is so much to do/see in that city. It's hard to determine which tour offers the best options for our one day there.

Yes I reserved my tickets by phone yesterday. It was very easy!!

Have you thought about Barcelona Day tours? I've used them before and they are very good.

Kellie

Thanks for reporting back. I'll be calling them too.

• 2 months later...
Yes I reserved my tickets by phone yesterday. It was very easy!!

Kellie

Where do you find the phone number? Does anyone have a link? (I cannot find a number on accademia.org)

Edited by VirtualRain