Geckos ATV tour

ngedwards

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I did the ATV tour last week. What fun!! This is not your average wimpy tour, we went through puddles and over rocks through the rain forest and saw parts of the island you cannot see any other way. Great views and fun guides, this is a "must do" on St Croix!

• 3 weeks later...

If we do the ATV tour from Rainbow beach, can we rent chairs and umbrella early to get a good spot, then leave them unattended while we do the tour, so we can come back to them after? Or is that not allowed, not possible, or frowned upon? If left unattended for 2 hours during ATV tour, will the rental shop remove them, or will someone else try to claim them?

TIA.

If we do the ATV tour from Rainbow beach, can we rent chairs and umbrella early to get a good spot, then leave them unattended while we do the tour, so we can come back to them after? Or is that not allowed, not possible, or frowned upon? If left unattended for 2 hours during ATV tour, will the rental shop remove them, or will someone else try to claim them?

TIA.

It is absolutely frowned upon to rent chairs and then leave them. Chairs and space are always in high demand on a ship day so taking up both of those things without actually using them is not going to make you popular with other people.

• 7 months later...

We did this tour last week. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time.

I was a little frustrated at first as they had just moved their office but hadn't bothered to notify anybody and it was difficult to find them. Even some of their business neighbors didn't know they had moved! After a bit of a rocky start everything turned out fine. We did the 9:30 tour and went to the beach afterwards. There were still plenty of chairs available. We grabbed a spot right next to the bar and restaurant area. Had a few beers and a great lunch. All were reasonably priced.

I was a little frustrated at first as they had just moved their office but hadn't bothered to notify anybody and it was difficult to find them. Even some of their business neighbors didn't know they had moved! After a bit of a rocky start everything turned out fine. We did the 9:30 tour and went to the beach afterwards. There were still plenty of chairs available. We grabbed a spot right next to the bar and restaurant area. Had a few beers and a great lunch. All were reasonably priced.

hi, we are booked to take this tour next month. So where is the new office now, can you help with directions? would appreciate it. also we were talking about also staying at Rainbow Beach, is that where you stopped, did you like it? Did you taxi back to the pier (how much) or walk?

thanks for any additional information!! I am excited about the ATV tour, we have 8 in our group so using 4 ATVs

It was a sudden and unexpected move (trouble with the landlord I hear) so I'm not surprised the neighbors didn't know. I am sorry it was a hassle for you though. Glad the rest of the day worked out.

hi, we are booked to take this tour next month. So where is the new office now, can you help with directions? would appreciate it. also we were talking about also staying at Rainbow Beach, is that where you stopped, did you like it? Did you taxi back to the pier (how much) or walk?

thanks for any additional information!! I am excited about the ATV tour, we have 8 in our group so using 4 ATVs

I attached a map, hope this helps.

1995923075_GeckosMap.jpg.d4349aaba16de1612a274c9d9cb5984e.jpg

The map is accurate. The building is back off the road and they were doing a lot of construction right before it. There's a tall chain link fence and grass area in the front. It's a small building set back a bit on the property.

We stayed at Rainbow Beach. We enjoyed it. I think it was $20 for the umbrella and 2 chairs. Beers were $3 from the lady on the beach or at the restaurant. Some people were doing the jet pack thing where you "fly". It was pretty cool to watch, especially the crashes! We took a cab back. The walk looked aggressive but doable from the beach, but not sure you could actually go all the way. I don't remember exactly what we paid but it wasn't much.

• 1 month later...

we just returned from our cruise. Did the ATV tour on Dec 20. It was awesome. We had 8 of us, so rented 4 ATVs. 2 per ATV. youngest was 9 yrs old. Had 2 guides, one up front and one in the back to take good care of us. Everyone had a blast!