Just back from the Anthem of the Seas 9 days! Yes there is a Lobster night :)

We just came back last week from our 9 day cruise on the Anthem. It is a beautiful ship. The crew are extremely hardworking people who are very helpful and always have a smile on their face! The food in American Icon and Silk was very good with a wide variety of dishes. And YES there is a lobster night again!!! We contacted RCCL prior to our cruise to figure out which day we should book Jamie's so that we didn't miss Lobster night and were told they no longer serve lobster tails. We were also told by RCCL there was no longer a "Puzzle Room". (For those of you who are wondering what that is, its a room where a group of people go into for an hour and attempt to solve puzzles and riddles, if you are successful then you "escape" from the room sooner than an hour). My family and I wanted to do that experience. While we were on the ship, our daughter found the puzzle room however, they were completely booked up for the entire 9 days. Evidently RCCL doesn't know what is being served in their dining rooms or all of the activities happening on the ship! Needless to say we happened to have our reservations for Jamie's on lobster tail night so we cancelled the reservation and dined in American Icon. The lobster tails were delicious and my husband even had two! When we asked the dining room manager why we were told there was no lobster night she said they did stop it but just reinstated it again in November. So save you money. We saw only two passengers eating the whole lobster (which is on the menu for $34.95 every night!) why do that when there is so much waste on a whole lobster and they served good size lobster tails on formal night! All of the shows were top notch as well. Happy cruising!!!

We contacted RCCL prior to our cruise to figure out which day we should book Jamie's so that we didn't miss Lobster night and were told they no longer serve lobster tails. We were also told by RCCL there was no longer a "Puzzle Room".

You could have come here to confirm that that is bogus info.

When we asked the dining room manager why we were told there was no lobster night she said they did stop it but just reinstated it again in November.

Even the staff is giving out bogus info. DD stopped in November but there were tails in Grande EVERY night before then.

The phone center people are reading off scripts...they don't know anything that isn't written down....and you know how 'up to date" RCI keeps their info....

As far as the lobster, the "whole" thing is a cold water lobster. The "tails" are warm water tails. They can be quite good...or not..depends on the chef!!

The phone center people are reading off scripts...they don't know anything that isn't written down....and you know how 'up to date" RCI keeps their info....

As far as the lobster, the "whole" thing is a cold water lobster. The "tails" are warm water tails. They can be quite good...or not..depends on the chef!!

On our Serenade cruise in March we took the behind the scenes tour which included a trip to the walk in fridges.

I report with 100% certainty that the Lobster Tail boxes for that sailing were marked with Product of Maine,

Upon consuming the Tails that week I confirmed that they were indeed Cold Water Tails.

Although I think they serve what they can get from the supplier at a reasonable price.