Tesco Clubcard Points

I've just learnt that Royal Caribbean offer a deal with Tesco Clubcard points, where £10 club card voucher will give you £30 on board spend.

Does anyone know anymore about this?

Do they have to be clubcard vouchers in your name, or can they be anyones? i ask because my mother-in-law receives clubcard vouchers and would be willing to give them to us for our cruise. Also we plan on buying our friends off them.

Is this allowed?

Thank you

You're correct that you can use Tesco vouchers for RC cruises. If you go on the Tesco club card site you'll also see that you can use them on P&O and Cunard as well. There are various reviews of the voucher usage from other cruisers who say it works well but you MUST NOT book it then try to use the vouchers. You have to ring RC then tell them which cruise you want,that you want to use your Tesco vouchers and they take it from there. I've currently got £420 worth that I'm going to put towards my next voucher cruise. As far as using somebody else's vouchers, I'm not sure. You could ring RC and ask them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes you can and I have. The cruise must be over a certain price per person, around £530 is memory serves me right. You must do it as part of the booking process direct with RCI and you can't use any other discount along with it. eg BlueLight discount.

I have used other people discount along with my own. Mine was from my mother and its a two stage process. You need to convert your points to RCI vouchers. Then you give RCI the voucher numbers. I was able to convert my motheths points into RCI vouchers using my login. I also do that with my wifes points (its worth having a least two accounts per household as the bonus points add up). I don't know if I managed to do that because of the same surname or not. However it would be easy to get you mother in law to do her own conversion and then use her voucher numbers. RCI only input the number they will not see the name connected to it.

There is a rather long story of how I have managed to convert £110 tesco points into £990 RCI vouchers but it was a one off and not repeatable.

The OP was asking if it can be used for on board spend - does anyone know if these Tesco vouchers can be used for on board spend?

I'd like to know this to, can the voucher be used againts prepaid items such as wifi or drink packages?

Thanks

I'd like to know this to, can the voucher be used againts prepaid items such as wifi or drink packages?

Thanks

Answeing my own question:

From Tesco website RC conditins:

• Tokens redeemable against the cruise element of the holiday only and cannot be used against any Flight costs, Taxes, Air Add-ons & upgrades, Pre-Paid Gratuities, Car Parking, Hotels & transfers, On-board spend & Shore Excursions and administration Fees. Tokens are not combinable with any other offers.