Viking Budapest to Copenhagen

rockwall99

Arrived in Prague yesterday about 17 hrs after leaving SLC, UT. We booked our pre and post cruise travels ourselves. Unfortunately, our checked luggage didn't arrive with us. My bag finally arrived late tonight but we are still waiting on my wifes. Supposedly the driver had it with him but missed dropping it off so we are hoping it arrives this evening.

Walked around old town a little last night and went into the city today and took a tour with Prague on Segway. Just my wife and I and the guide. Was a fun tour and a lot of fun traveling around town on the Segways. Weather has been beautiful, warm in the sun. The flood actually did not hit Prague near as bad as other places in Europe and not near as bad as the flood 10 years ago. Our guide today thought it was because of extra precautions the city took after the last flood.

We saw a lot of the city today and really enjoyed ourselves. A very beautiful city with lots of wonderful architechure. We plan on buying tickets on the train to Budapest tomorrow and spending 1 night in a hotel in Budapest before boarding the Viking Odin.

We will probably be passing Negma along the river at some point as they are travelling in the opposite direction and already halfway to Budapest! :)

Wifes luggage arrived around 2:30am last night. My wife was sooooo happy! Took the train from Prague to Budapest today. About a 7 hour ride through the countryside. We board our ship tomorrow morning

A thought on a pre-cruise tour from Viking. Cost of pre-cruise tour to Prague is $700/person. I think this includes 3 night hotel stay with a city tour and all transfers. We stayed in a marriott which is probably not as nice as the Hilton bi

UT only paid $60 a night. Cab fair to the hotel was about $50. Train fair was about $150 and our segway tour was about $200. So our pre-cruise tour was about $520. I would round up to $600 for breakfast which was included and cab fair to the train station. Make it $700 if you want to count a third night. Pretty big difference in price for what I believe was essentially the same experience. Of course, I had to do all the work of choosing hotel and making reservations. Just something to think about

After boarding tomorrow, we have a free day in Budapest and we may just purchase a ticket for the hop on, hop off bus. Haven't decided for sure.

Boarded our ship yesterday morning about 9am. Very early as previous cruise passengers were all disembarking then. Viking staff were very nice and offered to hold our luggage until our room was ready and told us where we could go to have an early morning snack. By 10am they actually had our room ready and we were able to go in and unpack. A nice surprise.

Since today was basically a free day we were thinking of taking the on and off bus around town but the concierge recommended that we would pretty much see the same things tomorrow on the included tour and that they were offering a short walking tour at about 1am that would give us an introduction to Budapest and we decided to do that. I LOVE the headsets they provide for the tours. It makes the tours so nice. You don't have to stay right next to the guide and still hear clearly everything they are telling you. The ONLY way to tour

Just before dinner they provided a nice intoduction to the ship and crew and we had dinner afterwards. Different from an ocean cruise as you just walk in and seat yourself. There were tables for 10, 6, or 4 people and you just pick someone to sit with. They kept the wine flowing as much as you wanted and our wait staff were very friendly. So far, a wonderful experience

Archived