Is it permissible to switch promotions?

dln929

I have nothing specific in mind, but say I booked with today's promo that offers free airfare to my better half. Then a few months go by and a new promo comes up, such as one category upgrade, and I prefer that one more. Are you allowed to opt out of the promo you booked under and go for the other without changing your cabin category? Is the pricing affected, as in if I booked at a fare of $2500 and the current price with the different promo has risen to $2600, do I owe an extra $100? Just wondering.

Hi Deirdre,

Yes, you can change to the new promotion with a few caveats:

a) you will pay the prevailing rate for the cabin you've selected, your original fare is not protected

b) you will receive the new promotion, in lieu of the original promotion

c) if you do all this within a cancellation penalty period, you may be liable for those fees. This is because they are actually cancelling the original booking and creating a new one.

Bonnie

With RCCL brands you have to pay the prevailing rate to switch promotions.

And forget dropping Choice Air if you paid a non-refundable discount fare rate.

Edited by Jade13

Bonnie, thanks for your response and so quickly too. Regarding any possible reservation cancellation fees, I believe it's $25 pp.

Just called Az and was told that 2nd guest free airfare is valid only for certain airports, Boston being one of them, so I'd be ok. Also, I would be told of air schedule 45-60 days before cruise. Guess I could be rerouted anywhere.

Also, I'd have to start out with a cabin assignment of ocean view or higher.

Last cruise in May, we received $1000 off airfare plus 2 level upgrade in cabin. This hooked us on Az and would like to do a 2016 cruise to Thailand and Vietnam but not feeling like jumping in yet!! Dottie

HI, Maybe Bonnie can answer this too...

If one changes promotions ( before final payment is due), what happens to the Open Passage? In the US, there is some dollar amount credited to your cruise price, besides what you originally put down. Do you lose that with the switch or not? Thanks

HI, Maybe Bonnie can answer this too...

If one changes promotions ( before final payment is due), what happens to the Open Passage? In the US, there is some dollar amount credited to your cruise price, besides what you originally put down. Do you lose that with the switch or not? Thanks

We booked with an Open Passage and then changed both cruise dates and promotions. The dollar amount credited carried over with no problem at all.

Hi Tango9, I asked our Reservations Department and this is what I was told:

Most promotions allow conversions, in other words you can change an existing booking to a new promotion at prevailing rates. The 5-day AzAmazing sale does not permit conversions - only new bookings.

An AP booking (ship sail date has not been selected) is considered a new booking.

Does this answer your question...or perhaps I didn't understand what exactly you're asking?

Bonnie