Ian Millar, Guitar player

wench58

Voyager of the Seas

Reviewed By: Fairfax, Orpington on 19th May 2011

The person who was my personal favourite and who deserves a special mention was Ian Millar who performed nightly in the ships pub the ‘Pig and Whistle’. He is an Irish folk singer who is part of the Irish Rovers, a Canadian Irish folk group that for many years has toured all over the world. Every night the pub was packed and trying to find a seat was like waiting for snow in the Caribbean. The atmosphere was fantastic. Always willing to play a request, share a joke and to some songs, put his own words. Great entertainer, great singer and a great guitarist.

• 2 years later...

I was recently on the VotS from Nov 25 to Dec 8 (Singapore to Sydney) and Ian Millar was the pillar of this cruise's entertainment. His performances were magical - few artists can draw in the same crowd and pack the place day in, day out, on each and every cruise night. A great person, a great musician, Ian Millar is a true gem in RC's hands.

Is there any way to check which ship he is currently performing on? I would definitely be more inclined to take a certain cruise/ship knowing that he would be warming up our hearts each evening with his music and audeince interaction.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...