Airport transportation warning

travelgrandpa

In July 2016, I contracted with Cameo Car Service for transportation from the hotel to Pier 91 and back to SEATAC for my family of 10. Cameo outsourced the transportation to Horizon Airport Service. The van sent by Horizon broke down on a busy highway en route. We had to wait in an area where there was no shoulder to stand on, climb over a guard rail and stand on a hill of the embankment filled with trash,broken glass and weeds. The driver of the van talked to his boss, Rickie from Horizon Airport Service, and he was told there would be no charge due to the inconvenience. My husband and I heard the conversation. After 30 minutes two suvs came and we were transported to pier 91. As we were walking away, since we were told there would be no charge, my husband was called back to the SUV as the driver was talking to Rickie, who got belligerant and said we had to pay. To avoid an altercation, he paid the driver. I contacted Cameo Car Service, whom I had used in the past, and was told he would contact Rickie. After many emails, I was last told Cameo had received no reply from Rickie, Horizon Airport Service. I have received no compensation for our inconvenience. I would not recommend Horizon Airport Service in Seattle. If you choose to use Cameo, emphasize you do not want to be outsourced to Horizon Airport Service. Horizon does not always use dependable vehicles and is not truthful.

To others reading this: this is why I recommend using a service that has dozens-to-hundreds of vehicles and a rating system that immediately weeds out bad drivers.

To the OP: I'm sorry you experienced this here; I hope your next visit to our area comes with a better transportation experience. Please report this to King County at http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/records-licensing/licensing/taxi-for-hire-transportation-networks/driver-complaints.aspx

and Seattle at: http://www.seattle.gov/your-rights-as-a-customer/file-a-complaint/taxi-for-hire-and-tnc-complaints

this is the norm for 'towcar services'. Most are one guy and a car and everyone knows everyone so when you need a larger vehicle the guy knows someone. There are really only a handful of providers with a 'fleet of cars'. The major ones would be

Bayside limo

A-1 limo

Carey Limo

Of course there are many others but you really need to know who your dealing with. Even the ones often recommended here only have a few cars. It doesn't take much to cause a ripple.

• 2 weeks later...

You hired someone to take you someplace and they did.

Yes, the van broke down, but they didn't leave you stranded, they delivered the service for which you hired them.

So, why don't they deserve payment for their services?

Edited by CineGraphic