Chankanaab - can you avoid the dolphins?

cltdad

Thinking of doing the day at Chankanaab with 2 kids and will do snorkel and other things but looking to avoid the dolphins. While we are there, how evident will it be to my kids (10 and 7) that there are dolphins there and they are not going to ride on them? Or, is that area easily avoidable? Thanks.

It will be hard to avoid seeing the dolphins. When you walk into the park, you walk straight towards the dolphin swim area. If others are doing excursions with the dolphins, you will clearly see it.

As MrsTiz said it is unavoidable. There are signs and you walk in and it's one of the first things you see. We did it a few years ago and it was great. The only thing I regret is letting my step daughter take home the disk we purchased with all the photos for $200, before I down loaded them. While it was at her mother's house it some how "disappeared":mad:. At least we have the memories in our minds...lol.

I have been to Chankanaab several times and have never seen the dolphins, head towards the end of the park where the divers and snorkel shops are. There is also the beach area, next to this is the restaurant.

19702509_1931405670435561_3097599573200642444_n.jpg?oh=104e8d6ffba28494d0816716d7c434b0&oe=5A0D7419

I don't think it would be hard at all. When you leave the main gate, head to the lagoon and the tequila tasting area. Come out on the beach (so to speak) at the upper end and you can't see the dolphins. I've been to Chankanaab four times (5th time coming up in about 100 days) and I've not seen the dolphins since trip #1. I'm pretty sure that DH whose been there 3 times has never seen them.