Thanksgiving/Christmas aboard Equinox

Andy C

We are boarding Equinox next Friday for the 10 day Thanksgiving cruise. What can we expect as far as special Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving day? How about Thanksgiving type decorations? When do Christmas decorations go up? Will they be up on our cruise? Do the specialty restaurants make Thanksgiving food (turkey, etc...)?

Thanks in advance!

There will be a Thanksgiving dinner in the MDR but I've never seen that in the specialties. Thanksgiving at this time of year is an American thing so you won't see decorations. They won't start Christmas decorations until the first week of December, so I'm guessing they will start after your cruise.

We will also be on the Equinox next week. The shops in the ports will be decorated for Christmas . . . it is, after all, black Friday. Dinner in the MDR will have Turkey and all the fixin's but not much else is observed for Thanksgiving. There will probably be football games in the Celebrity Central (that's the smaller room just off the Celebrity Theatre). When we were on Eclipse last year, they had a bar set up with snacks for the games.

My husband and I were on Equinox last year over Thanksgiving. When we woke up on Thanksgiving Day most of the decorations were up. I thought the boat was beautiful! We ate dinner at the buffet and the Captain came by and wished us a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!