Aruba & Bonaire with Mother using a scooter

Vidimom

My Mother and I are doing a cruise that has stops in Aruba and Bonaire. I would like to hear from others that use scooters if she will be able to get off the ship and go around the port areas using her scooter. She has a Go Go Scooter and I wanted to find out ahead of time if getting off will be possible. I really want her to enjoy the ports as well and don't want her to feel she is stuck on the ship because of mobility issues.

Thank you Darcie!

I was more concerned about the ramps leaving the ship. Did you have any issues? I appreciate any info.

Any mobility scooter in the Pride Go Go series has a very low ground clearance averaging 2" at mid-frame which generally poses an issue trying to get over the gangway joints. DO NOT ALLOW THE STAFF TO GIVE THE SCOOTER A HARD PUSH as by doing so the motor can lock up or worse the motor becomes damaged. If the scooter locks up there is a reset button on the battery casing directly above or next to where the charger socket is located. Turn the scooter off and push the reset button. If the motor doesn't reset itself after trying this a couple of time the motor has probably been damaged. Therefore if able it's best to get off the scooter and walk up/down the gangway and place the scooter in free wheel mode so crew can roll it.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Aruba is on my wish list to visit now, especially since we have our own Aruba who we are puppy walking to be a Guide Dog for the Blind - if you follow the thread "cruising with a service dog" on here you will see her!

So one of these days, we will take a cruise which goes to Aruba!

Enjoy your cruise with your Mom! :D:D

• 1 month later...