Taxis at Canada Place Cruise Terminal

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but please indulge me. Are taxis readily available to take you from Canada Place Cruise Terminal to Vancouver International Airport on day of disembarkation?

Any idea of the cost? Thanks so much.

Yes, it has been asked many times.

Most recently by you.

Yesterday.

Looks like you got three people to answer that version - although since you didn't ask about cost then, it's metered so dependent on traffic but should be very unlikely to go over CAD$40 (and yes, you can pay with a US credit card). If you did go down the Limo route, fixed price to airport varying by size of car ($64-$103+5%tax+tip) is available from Aerocar - all other limo companies are *supposed* to bill by time, at a minimum of $75 for the first hour, and this has actually been enforced recently to prevent Uber operating.

Don't forget, it's $35 Canadian. With the falling currency, it's less than $30 American.

Taxi's are the most convenient way to get between cruise terminal and airport. There is a subway, it is walk to the train station and dragging a weeks of luggage is not pretty.

BTW... don't be in such a rush to leave... Vancouver is a bonus port to check out after visiting Alaska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txO8VK4LaLQ

OK - good info - looks like a Taxi from Canada Place to YVR airport is the way to go. So - questions please for a 1245PM international Delta flight on a Wednesday morning disembarking Coral Princess (only ship in port) without doing "self-debark".

1) Approximately how much time is needed after getting off the ship to make our way with luggage to the Canada Place/Howe St taxi ranks?

2) Generally how long is the wait to get a taxi with one ship in port?

3) Is the taxi trip time of 35/40 minutes to the airport about right?

3) Does the airport security/customs/check-in process actually take about 2 hours?

Really appreciate any input.

On one trip the taxi line was very short but on another the taxi line was very long. If the taxi line is long, follow the signs the "City Centre" (keep to your right) you will walk past the line up of buses and then come to a door into an elevator lobby with a sign above Hotel & Convention Centre simply ride the elevator up to the ground floor - you are now at the main entrance for the Pan Pacific hotel and there are always taxis there.

Good advice already about heading outside for a cab in the queue inside Canada Place is long.

Average taxi wait I can't help with - I walk to & from the cruise terminal;-)

Taxi time to airport is correct - I would always assume 40 mins to allow for unexpected events, but usually it's much closer to 30 mins from downtown to YVR.

Check-in, Security, Immigration, Customs are 4 separate processes (I assume from you profile you mean a US-bound flight? If so, this means you see your lovely men and women of the CPB at YVR) each of which usually take just a few minutes, but the length of queue for each is extremely variable. There have been a few horror stories of three hour queues in the past, and Security will always be the biggest concern as that's the only queue every single passenger, whether on a domestic, US, or other international departure has to join. Immigration & customs is now streamlined by using kiosks to scan your passports & custom declaration slip.

Personally I allow 90 minutes. I use online check-in so I just have to drop my bag off, and I have NEXUS which guarantees me swift passage through security & immigration as well as usually minimal questioning at customs - and so far it's taken less than a half hour total every time. But I still allow 90 minutes just in case I get randomly chosen for secondary questioning or the queues are longer than expected.

So if all goes smoothly you could be at your gate barely an hour after collecting your luggage - but even if you are in the last disembarkation group and wait a while for a cab, you should still make your flight with time to spare.

OK - good info - looks like a Taxi from Canada Place to YVR airport is the way to go. So - questions please for a 1245PM international Delta flight on a Wednesday morning disembarking Coral Princess (only ship in port) without doing "self-debark".

1) Approximately how much time is needed after getting off the ship to make our way with luggage to the Canada Place/Howe St taxi ranks?

2) Generally how long is the wait to get a taxi with one ship in port?

3) Is the taxi trip time of 35/40 minutes to the airport about right?

3) Does the airport security/customs/check-in process actually take about 2 hours?

Really appreciate any input.

Working backwards....

• 12:45pm wheels up
  • 10:45am latest time for check-in and security. Security check-in should not take 2hrs. However, I have seen 20 minute waits to get to check-in, then to have your luggage weighed for the plane and then start the 10 minute check-in. If you get asked to go to secondary... that can take more time. You need to give them time to load your luggage onto the plane. Then there's a second weigh in for carry-on's. Occassionally there's no space for carry-on's and it needs to be transferred to the plane belly. You might want to arrive at 10am to avoid the rush.
  • 10:00am latest time to depart Canada Place
  • 9:15am latest time to depart ship, locate luggage and enter customs
  • 8:15am latest time for breakfast

I would try for the 7am breakfast to give yourself some contingency. Otherwise you can reload post YVR security.

Yah, I'm on vacation... do I really want to get up that early??? Otherwise, just stay an extra day in Vancouver and embrace the bonus port.

Edited by xlxo

There's also the subway, which leaves from 3 blocks away at Waterfront Station, and runs straight to YVR. Cost is $4/ea; and takes about 25 minutes (not much different from a taxi)

You want the Skytrain (name given to all our elevated/subway light rail) CANADA LINE. The tempting entrance you see 1/2 block from Canada place leads to the wrong platforms. Walk past them, turn left and walk another block and a half.

For a light travellers... the Canada Line is great.... travelling with a week of cruise luggage? The taxi is easier...

If you are in a rush... the cab is the best choice. As PizzaLady suggested.... if the cruise terminal taxi line is too busy.... walk out of the terminal and get the cab at the Pan Pacific entrance or the Waterfront hotel across the street. You'll pass by the Pan Pacific entrance trying to get to the Canada Line.

Edited by xlxo

Last time I drove downtown to YVR, it took 50 minutes due to traffic; I wouldn't argue that the train is always slower. Yes, it's a couple of block walk, however, I tend to end up walking further than that inside the ship, or inside an airport.

As for getting space on the train, that's a non-issue as you're getting on at the end of the line. Figuring out which train? There are big signs says if the train is going to YVR or Brighouse (they alternate).

You're making it sound harder than it really is.