Peggy's Cove - ship's tour or on-your-own?

sailaway5

We will be on the Princess New England/Canada cruise this October and are now planning our shore excursions. Is it easy to do Peggy's Cove on your own? or a private tour versus a Ship Tour?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Is it best to tour this area in the morning?

We will be on the Princess New England/Canada cruise this October and are now planning our shore excursions. Is it easy to do Peggy's Cove on your own? or a private tour versus a Ship Tour?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Is it best to tour this area in the morning?

Been to Peggy's cove many times. (My daughter lives in Nova Scotia. )Given the location i don't think it would be possible to do it alone unless you hire a car. It's a bleak but beautiful place

I too am looking for a private tour company that could take my small group to Peggys Cove. Any help with tour company recommendations or links is appreciated.

I just booked with Garry Jollymore, who comes highly recommended by a CCer who toured with him in November. I don't believe he has a website, but if you e-mail him, he will give you tour descriptions and prices. garryjollymore@eastlink.ca We're doing a five-hour Halifax and Peggy's Cove tour for $200 total (six people = $33.33 per person).

Mlleach thanks for the site.. I emailed a few days ago and have not heard back yet.

Any of you know the max persons he can accomidate for this tour.. I am finding some only have 1 vehicle limit 6-8 persons. I have 20

Garry told me, if I had a large group, that he has other drivers available with "vans and sedans" but wanted to know as soon as possible so that he "could secure the best guides available." Sounds to me like he wouldn't have a problem with your 20.

I've been waiting to hear back from him, too, with a question I've had. Maybe he's out of touch for a couple of days.

Edited by beckntom

Garry told me, if I had a large group, that he has other drivers available with "vans and sedans" but wanted to know as soon as possible so that he "could secure the best guides available." Sounds to me like he wouldn't have a problem with your 20.

I've been waiting to hear back from him, too, with a question I've had. Maybe he's out of touch for a couple of days.

I've been in touch with him today. He can take up to 6, but it may be tight. Right now, it is just the two of us. We may just keep it that way.

ML

Yesterday I emailed both Diamond Tours and Garry Jollymore. I received an answer from Diamond Tours this morning. They designed the trip for us for just Peggy's Cove and the Titanic cemetery (which is all we want to see). Cost is $130.00 (CAN $) for the two of us. Still waiting on the other quote.

Yesterday I emailed both Diamond Tours and Garry Jollymore. I received an answer from Diamond Tours this morning. They designed the trip for us for just Peggy's Cove and the Titanic cemetery (which is all we want to see). Cost is $130.00 (CAN $) for the two of us. Still waiting on the other quote.

Garry charges $200 for a 5 hr tour up to 6 passengers.

ML

I got emails from both companies.. One has mini bus and other cars and vans.

My gorup really would prefer to go all together so that is a consideration at this point..

Price too is a bit more for the mini bus option..

looks like both operators are willing to help out groups and individual bookings. That is great.

Now all I need to do is decide and figure out the exchance rate when time nears..

Oh and get a tour for St Johns and a Lobster bake for Portland...

www.yourcab.ca is Johnathan. Yes, he has a wonderful reputation on the chats, but there is also a warning on one of the threads. If he overbooks he hires other tour guides to handle the overload. These guides do not give as good a tour as Johnathan per past customers. To say that some of his past customers were upset is an understatement. Make sure Johnathan will be your guide.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are going to be on a princess cruise in september and was looking at the shore excursions on their web site ----Any suggestions of which one that will take us to see both places listed above.

any recommendation would be helpful

My husband and I are going to be on a princess cruise in september and was looking at the shore excursions on their web site ----Any suggestions of which one that will take us to see both places listed above.

any recommendation would be helpful

I don't recall seeing both listed in one tour offered by Princess, but then things change and tours added so keep looking. Otherwise, you might have to look at private tours.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We went there last year as part of a tour and it took a hour to get there and a hour back. He let us spend a grand total of 15 minutes there which was a lighthouse and a gift shop. Quite frankly, it is extremely small and I expected something else. What you see in pictures is it - a small cove with a gift shop and lighthouse by the ocean.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if doing a "long distance" tour like to Bay of Fundy or Peggy's Cove first thing in the morning, returning to the ship for lunch and then walking to the Maritime Museum.

Does anyone know if it's in walking distance? I googled the port address (got Port Authority of Halifax as 1215 Marginal Rd B3H 4P8, and Museum as 1675 Lower Water Street) but haven't found a system that includes directions in Canada.Thx

Edited by flashdog_1

I'm wondering if doing a "long distance" tour like to Bay of Fundy or Peggy's Cove first thing in the morning, returning to the ship for lunch and then walking to the Maritime Museum.

Does anyone know if it's in walking distance? I googled the port address (got Port Authority of Halifax as 1215 Marginal Rd B3H 4P8, and Museum as 1675 Lower Water Street) but haven't found a system that includes directions in Canada.Thx

Bay of Fundy is in St. Johns. Peggy's Cove is a 2 hour round trip driving time. The Museum is within walking distance of the ship at Halifax.

Edited by CrusinAgain