Need help on Quebec City embarkation, NCL Dawn

sargemrs

There's a group of 8 arriving on the Dawn in September. We're taking a late afternoon flight and need tips on how to handle our luggage, best transportation, and ease of a walking tour and ease to get back to airport. Appreciate all help!!

Are you coming or going?

Your heading suggests you are boarding (embarking) in Quebec, but your question sonds like you are getting off the ship and looking for something to do before flying home.

Which airport? Quebec? Montreal?

I wish I had good information for you. I just thought you were getting a lot of views but no answers because people didn't understand your question.

Also, it makes a difference depending on which airport you are talking about. A lot of people fly out of Montreal because there are more choices.

Having to deal with your luggage complicates things. The only suggestion I have is to see if your cruise line offers a tour with an airport drop-off.

Here's hoping someone local or someone who has done it before can offer a better solution.

Last year (and probably this year too) NCL offered three tours between the ship and airports - two to the Quebec airport and one to Montreal.

For the Quebec tours your flight must be after 3:00PM the tours last between 4and 6 hrs and tour the countryside between the ship and the airport. The two for Quebec were $93.00 pp

You could also look at what is available on Trip Advisor in terms of a taxi company that offers tours. I would also check out Viator for ideas.

And yes I know Viator is just a booking agency and to not operate the tours.

There's a group of 8 arriving on the Dawn in September. We're taking a late afternoon flight and need tips on how to handle our luggage, best transportation, and ease of a walking tour and ease to get back to airport. Appreciate all help!!

There is a very good set up for this. As you approach the exit to the cruise terminal you'll see the very helpful Tourist Info booth, who will order a cab for you. Ours came within 10 minutes and the journey took about half an hour. It cost about $32 I think, but we were 6 so needed a big vehicle. If you are overnighting at the port you can ask the day before about all this.

For those that have a later flight and want to see more of Quebec City there is a bag storage facility there too ($2 per bag/case from memory).

We just walked around QC and took the 800 bus to Montmorency Falls. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]_jAUldkIOe0[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]esWN6B3SCz0[/YOUTUBE]

Good info!! So we can store all our luggage at the terminal as we leave, go and do our walk around or whatever we wind up doing, walk back or take a cab to the terminal, get our luggage and taxi to airport?? Is that it? Thanks for your help.

Good info!! So we can store all our luggage at the terminal as we leave, go and do our walk around or whatever we wind up doing, walk back or take a cab to the terminal, get our luggage and taxi to airport?? Is that it? Thanks for your help.

Yes, exactly so. We found the lady at the Tourist Info booth very helpful, and she also gave us an excellent map of the city. If you take the funicular up to the Chateau Frontenac area the man selling the tickets very much likes the exact change (about $2.50)