Harbor House

Galveston Cruiser

At Willie G's today spoke to someone staying at HH.

and cruising on Vogager of Seas on Sunday

Believe it was overflow from Galvez,

because Galvez was full.

They said elevators are not working yet.

Not fully operational.

Good luck with rooms.

I was told that too when I called.....hopefully they will be fully functional by our 2-14-09 stay.

How was Willie G's???? I read on Galveston.com that Fisherman's Wharf is open. Which would you recommend for dinner pre-cruise????? And what would you recommend that we order???? Never been to either place and really looking forward to it:)

At Willie G's today spoke to someone staying at HH.

and cruising on Vogager of Seas on Sunday

Believe it was overflow from Galvez,

because Galvez was full.

They said elevators are not working yet.

Not fully operational.

Good luck with rooms.

This is good to know! I have a reservation at the HH for our 3/22 cruise, I have been wondering if I shoud have a backup plan.

• 3 weeks later...
This is good to know! I have a reservation at the HH for our 3/22 cruise, I have been wondering if I shoud have a backup plan.

On their website they are open, but the elevators are not working yet....so you might be able to get them to move you to the GALVEZ if you cannot carry your own luggage up the stairs....there are NO rooms on the first floor so it will be at least one flight or more to carry.:(

On their website they are open, but the elevators are not working yet....so you might be able to get them to move you to the GALVEZ if you cannot carry your own luggage up the stairs....there are NO rooms on the first floor so it will be at least one flight or more to carry.:(

We won't have a problem using the stairs. I plan to pack a small bag for the hotel and leave our large cases in our van.;)

We just got back from our Voyager cruise. We stayed Saturday 2/7 at Harbor House. Yes it's true that the elevators were not working. They said it would be April before it is fixed. However, if you can carry your luggage up the stairs I would still suggest staying there. It was so convenient to everything. We walked to the Strand and looked at the shops and ate. Sunday morning I woke up about 6am and looked out the window and there was the Conguest turning around right out our window. It was an amazing sight. Then as we left about 10:15 AM for the cruise terminal. We were going opposite the traffic so we got right into the terminal and unloaded our luggage. Hubby then parked car at Lot B and we were on the boat by 11:15. Very very smooth operation. The room was very nice at the HH and they have a continental breakfast too.

We just got back from our Voyager cruise. We stayed Saturday 2/7 at Harbor House. Yes it's true that the elevators were not working. They said it would be April before it is fixed. However, if you can carry your luggage up the stairs I would still suggest staying there. It was so convenient to everything. We walked to the Strand and looked at the shops and ate. Sunday morning I woke up about 6am and looked out the window and there was the Conguest turning around right out our window. It was an amazing sight. Then as we left about 10:15 AM for the cruise terminal. We were going opposite the traffic so we got right into the terminal and unloaded our luggage. Hubby then parked car at Lot B and we were on the boat by 11:15. Very very smooth operation. The room was very nice at the HH and they have a continental breakfast too.

Thanks for the info. Just curious- why did you not park at HH for the cruise? I have reservations there 4/11 and want to know if there is a reason not to park there and if I should look at alternate parking arrangements. I have stayed there and parked there numerous times in the past but not since the hurricane.

Thanks.

Patti

They have not repaired the Harbor House lot gates so it is not secure parking. We could have parked there but decided we would like the secure parking. Maybe by April the parking lot gates will be working. They offered us to go to the Galvez garage but we were so close to Lot B that we decided to do that instead. Worked out great. When we got back today we collected our luggage with a porter and went through customs and a Bus to lot B was waiting. It was just one hour from when they called our Pink3 color in Cleopatra's Needle to starting our car in Lot B. Very smooth operation.

Also try Galveston.com to book a room. That's how we made our reservation. I called to late to get the AAA rate. I found the rate cheaper on Galveston.com than what HH quoted me. I also checked Hotels .com and they were the same as Galveston.com.

I just tried to book HH. Cannot book for 1 night. 2 night min. stay. Same for Galvez and tremont. Are there any other hotels within walking distance to pier?

Any that you can see the ship from?

Thanks

Telephone them. They will book for one night. I have the evening of April 4th booked. They initially said no and I stated that I knew other that had booked for one night and low and behold a room opened up.

Telephone them. They will book for one night. I have the evening of April 4th booked. They initially said no and I stated that I knew other that had booked for one night and low and behold a room opened up.

I tried calling them and no luck. They said they only do 1 night stays during certain seasons and days. I guess July is blocked for 1 night stays.

Ok, so we are just back from the inaugural cruise of the Carnival Conquest cruise to the Bahamas. We had so much fun pre-cruise in Galveston, I wanted to share with you!

Ok, it was rainy that day but it didn't dampen our spirits one bit! Here's the Harbor House.

BahamasCruise036.jpg?t=1235596285

And here's our lovely room, #302, a must get room, great view of the ships coming in....

BahamasCruise005.jpg?t=1235596382

And look what's just outside!

BahamasCruise010.jpg?t=1235596484

And here's the beautiful Conquest gliding into view....

BahamasCruise142.jpg?t=1235596559

More to follow....

Donna in OKC

Another view out of our window:

BahamasCruise013.jpg?t=1235596695

Me with Mardi Gras festivities going on in the background:

BahamasCruise100.jpg?t=1235596744

Fishermans Wharf right next door to the Harbor House where we had a great dinner:

BahamasCruise109.jpg?t=1235596861

Me back in our room relaxing....see there is a sofa, chair, desk and also a tv, refrigerator and a microwave all concealed in an armoire.

BahamasCruise008.jpg?t=1235596993

The Harbor House, although the elevator was not working and there is no continental breakfast was worth every penny! Just the views alone were awesome! We saw dolphins right out of our window! It was magical watching the Carnival Conquest and the RCCL Voyager of the Seas glide into port.....they are both huge magnificent ships and if you did not get up early enough you would miss them coming in....they are so quiet. I hope you liked my review. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.:)

Donna in OKC

Ok, so we are just back from the inaugural cruise of the Carnival Conquest cruise to the Bahamas. We had so much fun pre-cruise in Galveston, I wanted to share with you!

And look what's just outside!

BahamasCruise010.jpg?t=1235596484

I see you got a picture of my little boat :D

Have they stopped serving the continenal breakfast at HH now? :confused:

I have stayed there several times pre Ike and always had the Continental breakfast...

I hope NOT, I am going to have to find out, so we will have food! oh man, that is one of the reasons we stay here!

They have not repaired the Harbor House lot gates so it is not secure parking. We could have parked there but decided we would like the secure parking. Maybe by April the parking lot gates will be working. They offered us to go to the Galvez garage but we were so close to Lot B that we decided to do that instead. Worked out great. When we got back today we collected our luggage with a porter and went through customs and a Bus to lot B was waiting. It was just one hour from when they called our Pink3 color in Cleopatra's Needle to starting our car in Lot B. Very smooth operation.

the only "gate" I remember was an arm not a fence around the whole parking lot, so I cant see how that is much more secure w/o it?

Continental Breakfast - I was wrong, I forgot! It was located on the second floor, not much really, some coffee, juice and pastries, but better than nothing:)

Parking - the parking lot was full when we were there....with construction workers vehicles. We had to park in another lot across the street. Neither lot was secured by fencing or gate, that's why we chose to park at EZ Cruise.

Donna

Continental Breakfast - I was wrong, I forgot! It was located on the second floor, not much really, some coffee, juice and pastries, but better than nothing:)

Parking - the parking lot was full when we were there....with construction workers vehicles. We had to park in another lot across the street. Neither lot was secured by fencing or gate, that's why we chose to park at EZ Cruise.

Donna

wow, sorry, didnt realize the parking lot ever got full. I cant believe they allow workers all in that lot, they should be the one's across the street. my hubby will not be happy with this news. We have a group going and need several spots....:(

:confused:

Donna

looking at the web cam right now there are empty spots in the parking lot...:confused:

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/harborhouseeast/

Archived