Lufthansa carryon weights in LBS.

zoncom

I believe when u start on us metal their rules apply. I know I went ord-fra-ham 2 years ago and that was the case. I carried on my 21 inch roll aboard packed heavy. I was also first class. In general on the European airlines you don't see much in the way of carryons beyond briefcases. More of an American thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For LH, your one piece of cabin baggage may be up to 8kg. That works out to 17.6 lbs.

As for using the United weight for the way over, be aware of this tidbit off of the Lufthansa website:

"Which baggage regulations apply to carry-on baggage in the case of journeys operated by several airlines?

When booking a journey with several airlines the carry-on baggage regulations of the airline operating each respective flight apply.

Example: You have booked flights from Vienna to Johannesburg with a connection in Munich.

From Vienna to Munich with flight number OS 1152 (OS = Austrian Airlines), operated by Lufthansa.

Continue from Munich to Johannesburg with flight number LH 9542 (LH = Lufthansa), operated by South African Airways.

In our example, the carry-on baggage provisions for the first flight from Vienna to Munich comply with Lufthansa’s carry-on baggage regulations, and for the second flight from Munich to Johannesburg with South African Airways’ carry-on baggage regulations.

Please check the carry-on baggage regulations on the internet sites of the respective airline before travelling, and comply with the most restrictive regulations of the airlines concerned."

So, it sure sounds like you had better stick to that 8kg limit for all your flights or risk having to gate check for the LH flight...

Thanks everyone, Start out in Aspen puddlejumper where they always run out of room in cabin and carryon gets gate checked OR even checked to final destination free.That is if plane is not fogged in.Rural living!

Flying out of Aspen, you take Skywest, right (UA regional), right? Most of my westbound flights are on them. I always just valet check my bag (depending on the airport, either drop in jetway or put on the rack at the bottom of the plane stairs), have them put it in the hold, and then pick it up at deplaning. You probably get a CRJ700, not as small as the 200, but still not really roller-friendly. I don't even try to take it on the plane!!!