Martha's Vineyard

Italy52

I don't think any do right now, but my sister-in-law ended up there on a cruiseship about 10 years ago when there was a hurricane on the east coast and they couldn't go to Bermuda from NYC. They did a modified New England/Canada cruise that included the Vineyard.

Do any itineraries/ships make a port stop that would include Martha's Vineyard? I thought I remember seeing (probably many years ago) a brochure that included MV as a stop.

The Silverseas, Silver Whisper is scheduled to make visits to MV in 2013, go here for info on one for 9/28.

American Cruise Lines makes frequent visits to MV.

Here's a short thread from CC about cruise ship tendering to MV.

SBtS

I don't think any do right now, but my sister-in-law ended up there on a cruiseship about 10 years ago when there was a hurricane on the east coast and they couldn't go to Bermuda from NYC. They did a modified New England/Canada cruise that included the Vineyard.

Thanks for the post.

The Silverseas, Silver Whisper is scheduled to make visits to MV in 2013, go here for info on one for 9/28.

SBtS

Thanks for the post. Interesting ships but a little too pricey. We'll have to think of something else --- perhaps we will do a land tour instead of trying to do a cruise. :D

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the post. Interesting ships but a little too pricey. We'll have to think of something else --- perhaps we will do a land tour instead of trying to do a cruise. :D

The big ships have to tender and it can be a bumpy ride in the fall months. I think that's why they haven't scheduled any stops here. People complained. The American Cruise line ship is here for multiple days at a time and can dock.

SBtS

Great info! I "default" to large ship cruiselines when folks ask questions here, I have to remember that there are a bunch of smaller companies that hit these smaller, more interesting ports.

Archived