Finding GTY rates when they are posted?

PBJ63

Is there a way to be notified or find out when GTY rates are posted by DCL, or is it just word of mouth and constantly searching the website? I can sail on the "spur of the moment" as it were, and would love to know about these just in case something is appealing to me.

Is there a way to be notified or find out when GTY rates are posted by DCL, or is it just word of mouth and constantly searching the website? I can sail on the "spur of the moment" as it were, and would love to know about these just in case something is appealing to me.

First, a little clarification - GTY is not a discount. When a certain percentage of rooms within a category have been booked, the category goes "GTY". You can still book that category, you just can't select a specific room. The cost for these bookings is the same as if you select a specific room.

*GT are the reduced last-minute restricted fares. These are for a type of room (interior; oceanview; verandah), not a specific category. They typically are offered after the Paid in Full date for each cruise.

The only way to find them is to keep checking the different cruises that you are interested in. They just show up one day.

First, a little clarification - GTY is not a discount. When a certain percentage of rooms within a category have been booked, the category goes "GTY". You can still book that category, you just can't select a specific room. The cost for these bookings is the same as if you select a specific room.

*GT are the reduced last-minute restricted fares. These are for a type of room (interior; oceanview; verandah), not a specific category. They typically are offered after the Paid in Full date for each cruise.

The only way to find them is to keep checking the different cruises that you are interested in. They just show up one day.

They sometimes are posted just before a block of cabins from a TA is due back.

Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid of that. I'll guess I'll just start constantly checking the sites for the ones I am interested in sailing.

Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid of that. I'll guess I'll just start constantly checking the sites for the ones I am interested in sailing.

If you do an internet search for "GT MTO FLR discount" you can find a site where someone has been tracking them.

My TA sends a weekly e-mail notifying me of any specials as well as the very occasional "extra" e-mail for breaking news like today's announcement as well as posting the info clearly on their web site. I'm quite sure that they are not the only agency in the world that offers such service. Beyond that, all you can do is to check those web sites that list these rates.

? are you certain that TAs are allowed to reserve a block of cabins? My TA told me more than a year ago that DCL changed their policy and that the only way a room can be held is with a guest name attached and then booked in that name; that they are no longer allowed to book cabins that are really unsold. Other lines do this, but supposedly not DCL.

The *GT rates typically come out between the penalty date and the embarkation date.

Just an FYI....VGT was just announced for the 5/30 sailing on the Fantasy. I have been watching this sailing like a hawk in regards to cabin availability. I am hoping that they offer FL resident rate soon.

Check out the website ***************. You can set up alerts for price drops, along with alerts when certain room types become available. Or even that itineraries are open for booking, period. We got an alert before 7 AM yesterday that DCL was booking online, thanks to **********. :)

Basic bottom line--you can't list any travel agent's name or web site. I use a great agent who lists current *GT offers on their web site. I cannot name the agency or the web site on CC. You agree to play by their rules when you sign up here.

And many sites that put themselves forward as "info" sites are owned or operated by travel agencies.