Cunards plans for QV in light of last nights earthquake/tsunami

Tillylovesseabourn

My thoughts are with the people of Greece and turkey In light of the catastrophic events in the turkish and greek islands last night,badly affecting Rhodes/Kos and Bodrum.

I also wonder how this will affect Cunards QV schedule which features some of the effected areas, and are they historically pretty quick to react to this kind of catastrophe?

It's so recent that even the news stories are in a state of flux this morning. If a port call is scheduled than of course Cunard is in contact with the tour operators ashore, who would inform them of the local situation. It's a lose-lose situation for any cruise line. Tour an area close to where people are suffering and it looks insensitive. Cancel the tour and those who earn their living from tourism suffer.

In general, people suffering from the consequences of natural disasters receive help, be it material wise, financial or both, from local and/or national governments and humanitarian bodies, and often ad hoc donations from citizens are added thereto. It would be interesting to know whether the numerous early warning systems installed world-wide have received any follow-up.

As regards the route of QV or any other ship in the area, captains and ships companies normally adapt it accordingly offering other destinations as a replacement. It is customary that passengers are informed of such changes by the organizer.

My thoughts are with the people of Greece and turkey In light of the catastrophic events in the turkish and greek islands last night,badly affecting Rhodes/Kos and Bodrum.

I also wonder how this will affect Cunards QV schedule which features some of the effected areas, and are they historically pretty quick to react to this kind of catastrophe?

QV is in Pireaus and will be heading back to Venice as per schedule, she has no calls over to Rhodes for some time

My friends are on Q V right now but when they were in Athens did not seem at all affected by that earthquake ....I hope they will remain ok ....i hope it did not do too much damage or create tsunamis

I hope they contact me tomorrow from their first stop in Greece ..not a great way to start a cruise

I hope the damages are minmal for those affected and no aftershocks