Tell me about Tampa

whenthecatsaway

Have never been to Florida and our Transatlantic next October (2015) on the Vision ends there. Have thought about doing Florida as a destination on its own when DS (just turned 2) and DD twins (born in May) are older.

It's a while yet before the flights are out but would It be worth adding on a few days in Tampa or should I head straight to airport after disembarkation and leave Tampa/Florida for another time ?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well if you were from the states, I would say wait. But you have to cross the pond which makes it more practical to add a few days. Not sure what Tampa offers nowadays except for Busch Gardens. And you are not far from the "meltdown" city of Disney. I would keep Disney low key though. Character meal, water park, Animal Kingdom...and always take a break during the day to rest. They might enjoy Sea World. But at their age, they would probably just enjoy being with Mom and Dad...and some pool time!!!

The Gulf Beaches are a nice place to visit and Oct/Nov is very budget friendly.

Ā 

I am a resident now but prior to that we used to stay at the Alden All Suites Resort on St.Pete Beach. All of the rooms are suites which allows for a small living room and dining/kitchen with separate bedroom area. This is nice, especially if one has children. Most of the rooms have private patios or balconies. There is a safe, key controlled parking garage, 2 pools, hot tubs, tennis, beach bar, beach toy rentals and a lot more. It is just the kind of place that will allow more bang for your buck compared to some of the high-dollar resorts that surround it.

Ā 

Here is a link for pics and rates: http://www.aldenbeachresort.com

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The West Coast of Florida from Clearwater down through Sanibel has some of the nicest beaches in the world. Siesta Key Beach is always included in everyone's top beaches in the world.

Ā 

I'm a big fan of Cleanwater, St. Pete, Treasure Island, Indian Rocks, Pass-a-grill, Anna Maria, Long Boat Key, Siesta, Sanibel beaches.

Ā 

Small to no waves will be perfect for your young children.

Ā 

Gorgeous little beach towns.

Lowry Park Zoo is highly-rated and very family friendly, and is within the city of Tampa. There is a Legoland about an hour east of Tampa, just off I-4, and Tampa has a very nice children's museum. You can't go wrong with the gulf coast beaches, they are the best. As a former Floridian, I'm partial to Venice, which is just south of Sarasota (about 1-1/4 hours due south, off I-75.

I'm not sure of all of these are age-appropriate for your little ones but might be helpful for other CC'ers. šŸ˜Š

Ā 

Liz